Hong Kong Non-Jupas Applicants 2020 Watch

Tomschago
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
May I ask you what are your predict grades?
sheng123
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
May i know where r u from? And what did u apply for?
germany social sciences
Yuhhj
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Anyone applied to HKUST undergrad with other countries 4U,M marks?
Yuhhj
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi, I’ve applied to HKUST business program with my high school marks (4U, M), anyone got an offer?
Anonymous #4
Report 3 weeks ago
Hello! Is there anyone(international students) who is confirmed going to hkust/hku?
Anonymous #2
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Yuhhj)
Hi, I’ve applied to HKUST business program with my high school marks (4U, M), anyone got an offer?
Got an offer in december
soumyadeepdas
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Applied to CUHK during the early round, got in two weeks back for BSSc Economics.
somwhaghuman
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Just got an offer for PolyU for a BSc in Biotechnology with a full renewable scholarship. Conflicted on whether I should accept it as I'd only get a full one-off at UST but would prefer to major in Biochemistry (which PolyU didn't offer). I'm obviously still very interested in Biotechnology (I wouldn't have applied if I weren't) but it makes me question whether it would make sense to study it if I have the chance to do my first choice of major. Any advice/thoughts?
Anonymous #2
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by somwhaghuman)
Just got an offer for PolyU for a BSc in Biotechnology with a full renewable scholarship. Conflicted on whether I should accept it as I'd only get a full one-off at UST but would prefer to major in Biochemistry (which PolyU didn't offer). I'm obviously still very interested in Biotechnology (I wouldn't have applied if I weren't) but it makes me question whether it would make sense to study it if I have the chance to do my first choice of major. Any advice/thoughts?
Is money a problem?
If not, I would recommend UST. Firstly, PolyU in comparison to UST is not that reputable. UST is considered as one of the Top 3 Universities in Hong Kong, although PolyU is decent, the overall reputation of UST is better than PolyU which would be useful in the future.
Also, I'm not a fan of bringing politics in but with the whole situation (I hope you know), PolyU has been one of the main universities involved whereas UST is one of the universities which have not been too heavily impacted. But it also comes down to the location, UST is far from the city (40+ mins by MTR) whereas PolyU isn't too bad in terms of distance.
I would generally recommend UST especially if it was your first choice, you still get a scholarship, reputation, etc...
Hope it helps a little bit, what i've written are only my thoughts, so if anyone else has other opinions, don't flame me
somwhaghuman
Rep:
?
Is money a problem?
If not, I would recommend UST. Firstly, PolyU in comparison to UST is not that reputable. UST is considered as one of the Top 3 Universities in Hong Kong, although PolyU is decent, the overall reputation of UST is better than PolyU which would be useful in the future.
Also, I'm not a fan of bringing politics in but with the whole situation (I hope you know), PolyU has been one of the main universities involved whereas UST is one of the universities which have not been too heavily impacted. But it also comes down to the location, UST is far from the city (40+ mins by MTR) whereas PolyU isn't too bad in terms of distance.
I would generally recommend UST especially if it was your first choice, you still get a scholarship, reputation, etc...
Hope it helps a little bit, what i've written are only my thoughts, so if anyone else has other opinions, don't flame me
Thank you! My parents would pay for my tuition but obviously I'd prefer for them not having to (because who wouldn't).

I think bringing politics into it sadly is necessary. I asked about how PolyU is dealing with the situation during my interview and the interviewers were very open about it which I highly appreciated but it still leaves a somewhat bitter taste.

I thought about my decision last night and I think your comment reinforced it (although I will probably postpone it a few more days). Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts
Anonymous #2
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by somwhaghuman)
Thank you! My parents would pay for my tuition but obviously I'd prefer for them not having to (because who wouldn't).

I think bringing politics into it sadly is necessary. I asked about how PolyU is dealing with the situation during my interview and the interviewers were very open about it which I highly appreciated but it still leaves a somewhat bitter taste.

I thought about my decision last night and I think your comment reinforced it (although I will probably postpone it a few more days). Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts
No worries
My cousin is currently at PolyU, and she has said that despite the efforts, it would definitely still influence the students a little bit.
Are you set on HKUST?
somwhaghuman
Rep:
?
No worries
My cousin is currently at PolyU, and she has said that despite the efforts, it would definitely still influence the students a little bit.
Are you set on HKUST?
Pretty much. The only thing I'm worried about is that I have to get a specific grade in my Biology exam whereas with PolyU I'd only have an overall grade condition which makes it far more flexible. I have to accept my UST offer by February 14 so I don't want to pass that up, especially since neither HKU nor CUHK have gotten back to me about interviews yet and I doubt they will anytime soon.
eduholic123123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
did anyone get a mainround offer yet from HKUST or cityU
intlrelations
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by eduholic123123)
i applied for cityU mainround and no i haven't received any offer. I think they send the offers beginning feb or march for the mainround candidates
sheng123
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi there guys, I did my interview for all three Hong Kong Universities. This means, HKU,HKUST,CUHK and received an offer for hkust business prgramm. My question is if you guys think hong kong will be a worth to go still after all it has been through??
sheng123
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by eduholic123123)
Yes business programm HKUST
Anonymous #5
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by sheng123)
Yes business programm HKUST
Hi there guys, I did my interview for all three Hong Kong Universities. This means, HKU,HKUST,CUHK and received an offer for hkust business prgramm. My question is if you guys think hong kong will be a worth to go still after all it has been through??
It depends. If you are admitted to prestige programme such as Global Business or RMBI of HKUST then it is worthwhile to go. But it also depends on your family opinions and whether you have better options to choose from.
CursedOne
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi! Did anyone receive any type of offer or reply from hku till now? I am really worried. My application still shows 'Under Consideration' and I am not even sure if it has been reviewed by them even once. P.S.- I applied for Engineering
sheng123
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by CursedOne)
Hi! Did anyone receive any type of offer or reply from hku till now? I am really worried. My application still shows 'Under Consideration' and I am not even sure if it has been reviewed by them even once. P.S.- I applied for Engineering
I did my interview yesterday, be patient for a few more weeks and I am sure offers will come out in the next weeks.
CursedOne
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I did my interview yesterday, be patient for a few more weeks and I am sure offers will come out in the next week
Congratulations! Hope it went well. Though I am not really sure about my fate
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (423)
67.46%
No (204)
32.54%

Watched Threads