Hong Kong Non-Jupas Applicants 2020 Watch

sheng123
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Don't worry man, the competition this year went down a lot this so you should be fine. Also is HKU your first choice? I am really worried about the situation in hong kong and if it will affect students out from hku to for jobs
CursedOne
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by sheng123)
Don't worry man, the competition this year went down a lot this so you should be fine. Also is HKU your first choice? I am really worried about the situation in hong kong and if it will affect students out from hku to for jobs
Thanks a lot. Well yes, HKU is my first choice as it is cheaper and also nearer to my home country India. The condition in hong kong at present is really really bad and even my parents are worried about me choosing it. I just believe that it will soon change for better.
Tomschago
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I did my interview yesterday, be patient for a few more weeks and I am sure offers will come out in the next weeks.
Congratulation, when did you apply for HKU?
Last edited by Tomschago; 2 weeks ago
Anonymous #4
Report 2 weeks ago
Hello! I have the same concern too. Mind sharing with me what are your thoughts on this?
Anonymous #3
Report 2 weeks ago
Did anyone get dentistry offer from HKU?
Anonymous #2
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by somwhaghuman)
Pretty much. The only thing I'm worried about is that I have to get a specific grade in my Biology exam whereas with PolyU I'd only have an overall grade condition which makes it far more flexible. I have to accept my UST offer by February 14 so I don't want to pass that up, especially since neither HKU nor CUHK have gotten back to me about interviews yet and I doubt they will anytime soon.
I think i'm also committing to HKUST
Also waiting for HKU but bleh, HKUST is on the safer side since it's isolated and for my subject HKUST is better so I think I'm committing to HKUST. Hit me up in messages
Anonymous #2
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I think i'm also committing to HKUST
Also waiting for HKU but bleh, HKUST is on the safer side since it's isolated and for my subject HKUST is better so I think I'm committing to HKUST. Hit me up in messages
oh wait, im anon xd
Anonymous #4
Report 2 weeks ago
I got an offer from HKUST and HKU for engineering. Was wondering which should i choose. Any advice?
Anonymous #2
Report 2 weeks ago
I got an offer from HKUST and HKU for engineering. Was wondering which should i choose. Any advice?
So I'm giving advice based off of what i've read and know about the university, it may be wrong or it may be right.
HKU's overall ranking is better than HKUST but HKUST is well known for the Engineering programs (and Science programs in general). If you look at rankings, HKUST's ranking for Engineering (18th) is better than HKU's (35th). But you shouldn't make your decision based off of the ranking only.

Also, HKU is located in the city-ish so travelling to the main parts such as Central, Mong Kok, etc... is not too far in comparison to HKUST. BUT, with the political stuff taking place, HKUST is the least affected due to its location. With HKU, you're surrounded by buildings and some mountains and HKUST is located next to the sea. Depends on your preference now.
somwhaghuman
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by CursedOne)
Hi! Did anyone receive any type of offer or reply from hku till now? I am really worried. My application still shows 'Under Consideration' and I am not even sure if it has been reviewed by them even once. P.S.- I applied for Engineering
I feel the same. Would be nice to at least get some feedback by e-mail saying it will take some more time for them to review it.
somwhaghuman
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
oh wait, im anon xd
If you don't want to publicly post here you can hit me up if you want to haha. Would be nice to connect with some other students in advance!
Anonymous #1
Report 2 weeks ago
I feel the same. Would be nice to at least get some feedback by e-mail saying it will take some more time for them to review it.
Well, I had an interview with HKU on 6th February so I guess they have already started giving offers........
Anonymous #2
Report 2 weeks ago
If you don't want to publicly post here you can hit me up if you want to haha. Would be nice to connect with some other students in advance!
If you get into HKU, would you choose HKU or UST?
Spoiler:
Show

Anonymous #6
Report 2 weeks ago
Any HKU-UCL law applicants?
somwhaghuman
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
If you get into HKU, would you choose HKU or UST?
Spoiler:
Show

UST I just would like to know whether I got into HKU because a) I paid an application fee and b) I'm hoping for a different offer as a backup.
Last edited by somwhaghuman; 1 week ago
KiraMira
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I got an offer from HKUST for Science group B and from CUHK for Biomedical Engineering! Woop woop! But haven’t heard anything from HKU yet (-_-)
Last edited by KiraMira; 1 week ago
Anonymous #4
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by KiraMira)
I got an offer from HKUST for Science group B and from CUHK for Biomedical Engineering! Woop woop! But haven’t heard anything from HKU yet (-_-)
Which is yr first choice
KiraMira
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Which is yr first choice
Actually it’s HKU but I’m still slightly unsure if I will be able to get in or not : ( UST is second choice and for CUHK, I only got an offer for my second program choice so probably not going for that one
Tomschago
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
For engineering HKUST is probably better. When did you apply?
Anonymous #4
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Tomschago)
For engineering HKUST is probably better. When did you apply?
I applied during early round
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (423)
67.46%
No (204)
32.54%

Watched Threads