The Student Room Group

Solo backpacking in South East Asia

Hi, I am currently on my gap year (from London) and going to Bristol uni next year to study history of art and I am going to South East Asia for four months and was interested if anyone else is going etc!
Reply 1
Original post by isabellaaa2001
Hi, I am currently on my gap year (from London) and going to Bristol uni next year to study history of art and I am going to South East Asia for four months and was interested if anyone else is going etc!

I mean the chances of anyone first noticing this post, then also going on a trip at the same dates is remote. You've also basically just said you are visiting a southern part of a continent, where there are many different countries, so no one will be able to identify when their holiday might align with yours. You also did not indiciate the specific dates. Having said that, it is good you did not give so many details on a public forum.

Finally, you should be very careful about meeting strangers in person that you speak to or are introduced to online, particularly in a foreign country. Ideally you should be going with friends or family, or have told a close friend/family member exactly where you intend to go.
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest