freya122
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Did you do eduquas geography if so what were the questions on. Like what topic?
hudz1e
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by stephsmhb)
To be honest i didn't really revise for science but some good tips that my friends did were seneca and free science lessons. It all depends on what works for you though. For some people notes are great because you can condense all the information and write it in a certain way that helps you remember. Others find it a time waster and prefer flashcards or exam questions. What has worked for you in your other subjects? What grade are you aiming for?
Also if you are struggling, do not be scared to ask the teacher. For maths i would ask my teacher loads of questions and it felt a bit embarrassing at times but remember they are here to help you so if you are struggling with a certain topic/ concept ask them 2,3,4 times if you need to. Do you struggle more with physics, chemistry or biology? If you have any specific questions you are struggling with I could help explain them to you
Hope that helped x
i prefer note taking rather than flashcards but i use flashcards for like required practicals and formulas. i'm aiming for a 6/7 in science and i do want to take bio for a-level. i have my bio mock tomorrow so hopefully that goes well. physics is my worst, nothing sticks in my head lmao but i havent got any questions rn. thank u for replyin tho
ice-cream03
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Is it possible to move a math grade up for 5/6 to atleast an 7/8 in time for gcses
lovinglife323
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It is very possible. In fact, I did it myself. I went from a 5 to a 7 in the space of 6 months

(Original post by ice-cream03)
Is it possible to move a math grade up for 5/6 to atleast an 7/8 in time for gcse
ice-cream03
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
wow you have given me hope.
can you tell me the techniques and ways you did this and revised?
wen did you start revising?
stephsmhb
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Hazzabear)
Did you enjoy those subjects?
yes, i loved all of them except english literature
stephsmhb
Rep:
?
(Original post by freya122)
Did you do eduquas geography if so what were the questions on. Like what topic?
no i did edexcel
stephsmhb
Rep:
?
(Original post by hudz1e)
i prefer note taking rather than flashcards but i use flashcards for like required practicals and formulas. i'm aiming for a 6/7 in science and i do want to take bio for a-level. i have my bio mock tomorrow so hopefully that goes well. physics is my worst, nothing sticks in my head lmao but i havent got any questions rn. thank u for replyin tho
I take biology alevel at the moment
Good luck with your mocks
stephsmhb
Rep:
?
(Original post by ice-cream03)
Is it possible to move a math grade up for 5/6 to atleast an 7/8 in time for gcses
It's not definite but it is possible if you work hard
Hazelly
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
yes, i loved all of them except english literature
Oh? What was wrong with literature?
stephsmhb
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hazzabear)
Oh? What was wrong with literature?
I dunno. I just found it so pointless. Like there was literally a poem where the poet said that he didn't spend any time thinking about it, he just wrote it. Yet we still spend hours trying to figure out what they were thinking when they wrote it. I feel like English language actually gives you thinking skills, creativity skills etc. Literature is just remembering quotes, remembering context and remembering what your teacher told you in class. There are also only 4 marks for SPAG which means you could spell everything completely wrong, use capital letters and full stops in the wrong place and lose only 4 marks which I think isn't very good considering it's an english exam
tastish
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi, I took my gcse's in summer 2019 and received 1 7, 2 8's and 8 9's. So if you need any help with exam questions or mocks or are trying to push yourself to those higher grades, feel free to ask.
I did triple science, maths, English lang, English lit, German, geography, computer science, business studies and religious studies.
Hey so what exam board for Computer Science did u do? If it's OCR, what type of questions came up
stephsmhb
Rep:
?
(Original post by tastish)
Hey so what exam board for Computer Science did u do? If it's OCR, what type of questions came up
I didnt do ocr, but I knew what questions came up because my friend did. I will not tell you however because I dont agree with cheating.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 18 Dec '19
  • The University of Law
    Open Day – GDL and LPC - Chester campus Postgraduate
    Sat, 4 Jan '20
  • University of East Anglia
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 6 Jan '20

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (333)
46.06%
No (78)
10.79%
I'm not old enough (312)
43.15%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed