The Student Room Group

My boyfriend thinks he’s Peter Pan

.aa
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I mean as long as he can fly, right?
Original post by Stxdent
My boyfriend Is 17 and I love him very much but he just won’t grow up. He’s never had a job and he won’t try and get one unless I do everything for him (write CV, fill out applications).
It’s like he had no independence.
He doesn’t know how to take a bus or a subway or how to get around anywhere. I don’t think he understands that he’s literally an adult next year.
with this attitude I’m still going to be buying him £1 chips every day for lunch because he can’t be bothered taking things into his own hands and getting a job.

Ngl, the bus part was me before I started uni because I’d never had to use one 😂
Original post by Stxdent
My boyfriend Is 17 and I love him very much but he just won’t grow up. He’s never had a job and he won’t try and get one unless I do everything for him (write CV, fill out applications).
It’s like he had no independence.
He doesn’t know how to take a bus or a subway or how to get around anywhere. I don’t think he understands that he’s literally an adult next year.
with this attitude I’m still going to be buying him £1 chips every day for lunch because he can’t be bothered taking things into his own hands and getting a job.
I don’t know what to do or tell him to make him realise he needs to wake up because every time I speak to him about things like this he says I’m “lecturing” him and getting annoyed.

Fake your death and see how he copes?
He’s only 17 he doesn’t need a job yet
He's only 17 so this isn't anything outrageous. Leave him be.

If that's not what you want in a boyfriend then the solution is to find a new boyfriend; not try to change the one you have.
(edited 4 years ago)
Too many much older men are peter pans.
What does Peter pan have to do with this?
Original post by OR321
Ngl, the bus part was me before I started uni because I’d never had to use one 😂

so you drove a car to everything? rich life seems chill
Original post by Discrepancy
What does Peter pan have to do with this?

Because he wants to be a boy forever haha it’s a joke
Original post by IH8Studying
so you drove a car to everything? rich life seems chill

Nah I used to get driven around literally everywhere by family or I had my trusty old pal Uber 😂😂
Original post by OR321
Nah I used to get driven around literally everywhere by family or I had my trusty old pal Uber 😂😂

lucky ass
lucky ass

I live in a town in greater Manchester so everything’s super cheap 😂😂
You’re from London right?? So prices must be crazy there
Original post by Stxdent
Because he wants to be a boy forever haha it’s a joke

:laugh:lol
Original post by OR321
I live in a town in greater Manchester so everything’s super cheap 😂😂
You’re from London right?? So prices must be crazy there

breathing is expensive in london. ah so petrol is 1p in manchester? is greater manchester pretty? and isn’t uber the same price everywhere? it’s £20 for uber if you ever wanna book an over to drive to your next door neighbour. it’s that deep lolz.
Original post by Stxdent

He's 17, not exactly the sort of age where you need a job. Hell, isn't that sixth form sort of age?

Do you have a job? It'd be rather hypocritical of you to nag him about a job, even though he's probably still in school, and not have one yourself.

Haven't been on a bus for years, can't say I'd know how to use one without looking like an idiot these days mostly down to the fact there seems to be zero standardisation and every company seems to have their own smart card with some services running with it, and some without. Some have one reader for touching on and off, some have two, one for each action.

I also have zero ideas about using subways/trains, never used them for public transport, and going by the constant complaining about prices, I don't plan on doing so either.

I don’t know what to do or tell him to make him realise he needs to wake up because every time I speak to him about things like this he says I’m “lecturing” him and getting annoyed.

Wake up because of what? He doesn't know how to use public transport that he's probably never used before? Sure, it's probably not that complicated but it's hardly an issue of not growing up.

Hell, do you know how to drive a car? How about a motorbike/moped? Do you have your license for any of those? No? Wow OP, you can't even drive/ride a motorbike/moped? Grow up and stop relying on public transport like a child. That's the same sort of argument you're making there, you're basically saying he's a child because he doesn't know how to do something because he's likely never done it before.

Wake up because he doesn't have a job? He's 17, hardly the age where you actually need a job...
(edited 4 years ago)
breathing is expensive in london. ah so petrol is 1p in manchester? is greater manchester pretty? and isn’t uber the same price everywhere? it’s £20 for uber if you ever wanna book an over to drive to your next door neighbour. it’s that deep lolz.

no clue about petrol but greater Manchester is very similar to some parts of London. Quite dirty and overcrowded 😂. But the Christmas markets here are quite decent 🤷*♂️. Ubers not too bad. I think 20 minute trips costs me like £6. I’m Muslim so the only thing that pisses me off here is that in main Manchester, there’s barely any halal food places 😂 but places like Bolton are full of them so it’s decent
Maybe he is? I know one or two fairies myself.
Original post by Joe Frazier
Fake your death and see how he copes?

this is the only solution OP
Original post by OR321
no clue about petrol but greater Manchester is very similar to some parts of London. Quite dirty and overcrowded 😂. But the Christmas markets here are quite decent 🤷*♂️. Ubers not too bad. I think 20 minute trips costs me like £6. I’m Muslim so the only thing that pisses me off here is that in main Manchester, there’s barely any halal food places 😂 but places like Bolton are full of them so it’s decent

Mans moving to manchester or yorkshire den. Birmingham is pretty much a muslim city. halal places everywhere. muslims everywhere. i know they don’t have to deal with finding good halal spots. every main place of a city is usually the most expensive. i spent £12 today alone on travel. idk about u but that’s expensive af to me.
christmas makes the duttiest of places look decent.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending