Contemplating Dropping Out of University Watch

abrisland3
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I'm currently studying computing at university, and it is coming to the end of my first semester. I always thought that this was something that i was interested in, but i just seem to have no motivation for the course. I also don't know anybody in any of my classes, and am far to socially anxious to go up to and chat to people. I'm thinking of dropping out, but i just wanted other peoples thoughts on the situation.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by abrisland3)
I'm currently studying computing at university, and it is coming to the end of my first semester. I always thought that this was something that i was interested in, but i just seem to have no motivation for the course. I also don't know anybody in any of my classes, and am far to socially anxious to go up to and chat to people. I'm thinking of dropping out, but i just wanted other peoples thoughts on the situation.
What w you like to do instead?

Don’t run away from your current situation, run towards something better.
abrisland3
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I honestly dont know what I want to do tho. I'm really enjoying working, so I was thinking of maybe just getting a full time job. I also really enjoyed graphic design in school, so maybe look into that line of study. I just dont think this course is for me
Anonymous #1
Report 1 week ago
I'm in my second year, in a course I hate. If you arent feeling it go with your gut sooner rather than later is all I can say. Work for a bit, look at apprenticeships you could go down, alternative routes.

Definitely speak to family, friends and you tutors about the decision though as it is a big one
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 18 Dec '19
  • The University of Law
    Open Day – GDL and LPC - Chester campus Postgraduate
    Sat, 4 Jan '20
  • University of East Anglia
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 6 Jan '20

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (270)
48.04%
No (65)
11.57%
I'm not old enough (227)
40.39%

Watched Threads