xxjessxx20
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
So ever since I’ve started secondary school I’ve literally been for getting everything I learnt. Primary school I was fine with. But for my GCSEs I did every revision technique out there and also revised months before and I literally just about passed but I failed 3 of the ones I thought I did well in. Now I’m doing a levels from home and literally still not remembering anything. Is there anything the doctors can do to help me ?

CheeseIsVeg
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by xxjessxx20)
So ever since I’ve started secondary school I’ve literally been for getting everything I learnt. Primary school I was fine with. But for my GCSEs I did every revision technique out there and also revised months before and I literally just about passed but I failed 3 of the ones I thought I did well in. Now I’m doing a levels from home and literally still not remembering anything. Is there anything the doctors can do to help me ?
Hi there :hugs:
I can relate - I did ok GCSE wise and then since A levels I've been having lots of trouble remembering content. It could be that over time your brain needs new ways to recall information.
Which techniques do you use? Mind maps? Revision cards or watching revision videos? What do you think works for you? Somtimes studying/teaching others can help you understand things more. Are you looking at past paper questions ? Do you ask your teachers for help and advice?
Also to note - a good balance between relaxing and studying is good as well as eating correctly, drinking water and sleeping well. If you're having trouble with any of those it may be good to see a doctor.
I think only when you have serious serious issues recalling things should it be a need to see the doctor. Otherwise they may just advise you to try memory techniques to improve your memory.
I've popped your thread into Revision and study tips :bump:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 18 Dec '19
  • The University of Law
    Open Day – GDL and LPC - Chester campus Postgraduate
    Sat, 4 Jan '20
  • University of East Anglia
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 6 Jan '20

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (353)
46.45%
No (81)
10.66%
I'm not old enough (326)
42.89%

Watched Threads