The Student Room Group

I didn't pick a Creative GCSE subject, is that bad?

I do, Maths, Eng lit/Lang, Triple Science, Computer science, German, Religious studies and History.

Is not having a creative subject bad?

I'm thinking of switching to Art or Drama? I'd be better at art, but I have heard drama is easier and does not have as much coursework? I do draw quite a bit, but mostly anime and manga. I'm alright at other styles, I know it's quite late. But, maybe I could still switch?
Reply 1
There's nothing wrong with not taking creative subjects, and it won't have much of an impact on you in the future. Alongside the compulsory subjects at my school, I took nothing but creative subjects at GCSE and now I'm studying Physics at uni - trust me, you'll be fine. Unless you're really passionate about a specific subject, don't worry about it.
No. I don't see why you'd think it could be a concern. Breadth/well roundedness is, generally, not a massive consideration for unis and such over here. Unless you feel like you'll miss creative subjects - then go ahead and switch.
V

Original post by _gcx
No. I don't see why you'd think it could be a concern. Breadth/well roundedness is, generally, not a massive consideration for unis and such over here. Unless you feel like you'll miss creative subjects - then go ahead and switch.

Do you think switching in December is a good idea? I'm in year 10 right now, I'm worried ahout what I will have to catch on.

Thank you for the advice
Original post by FantasyAngel
V

Do you think switching in December is a good idea? I'm in year 10 right now, I'm worried ahout what I will have to catch on.

Thank you for the advice

Don't really know anything about the load for creative subjects, didn't do any at GCSE. Probably best to ask your teachers whether it's worth switching and/or whether it's feasible.
Original post by FantasyAngel
V

Thank you for the advice

gcses dont matter too much to unis
your fine:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest