ClayJensen817
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Dhwanil19)
got into UCL, Warwick, KCL and Manchester for Economics. from the CBSE board. anyone going to London?
Hey, I have applied to KCL, UCL and Manchester too. I live in London, but my parents are from Chennai. I am applying for Physics
outofnachos
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
got into UCL, Warwick, KCL and Manchester for Economics. from the CBSE board. anyone going to London?
Got into LSE for Law but really looking forward to UCL atm. Also have Warwick and Bham. London seems like the final deal but the idea of a campus university (Warwick) really appeals to me though. London can get quite overwhelming (and expensive) from what I've heard.
Dhwanil19
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by outofnachos)
Got into LSE for Law but really looking forward to UCL atm. Also have Warwick and Bham. London seems like the final deal but the idea of a campus university (Warwick) really appeals to me though. London can get quite overwhelming (and expensive) from what I've heard.
hey! congrats on getting into LSE! Where are you from?
outofnachos
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
hey! congrats on getting into LSE! Where are you from?
Agra.
Lexi28
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hello i got into kcl, am from cbse as well.
ClayJensen817
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Lexi28)
Hello i got into kcl, am from cbse as well.
for what course? And Indian in the UK btw haha
parthmodi152
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I have applied for CS and have received offer from Warwick. Still waiting for UCL and Edinburgh and rejected for Imperial
Lexi28
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by ClayJensen817)
for what course? And Indian in the UK btw haha
History and IR
ClayJensen817
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Lexi28)
History and IR
okay thats cool! good luck!
Harry257
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I'm a PG applicant. I know this thread is meant for UG degree applicants. But I thought it wouldn't hurt to make some friends here

Course : M.Sc. Robotics(/Mechatronics)
Universities : Bristol, Strathclyde, Southampton.
Board : Telangana State Board. UG - Mechanical Engineering, Anna University(Chennai)
Offers received : Received offers from all three universities. Decided to go with Bristol.
Which Indian City are you from? : Hyderabad.
Reservations about studies in the UK : None at all. I have a feeling that I'll enjoy this adventure ride.
Why you chose the UK over IITs, AIMS, NLU etc : Bristol has been my top choice for a long time. One of the best Robotics Lab.(Robotics plus Computer Vision) in the world, plus Bristol's a wonderful city to live in the UK(I hear). ClayJensen817, do you second this point about Bristol?
Last edited by Harry257; 3 months ago
ClayJensen817
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Harry257)
Course : M.Sc. Robotics(/Mechatronics)
Universities : Bristol, Strathclyde, Southampton.
Board : Telangana State Board. UG - Mechanical Engineering, Anna University(Chennai)
Offers received : Received offers from all three universities. Decided to go with Bristol.
Which Indian City are you from? : Hyderabad.
Reservations about studies in the UK : None at all. I have a feeling that I'll enjoy this adventure ride.
Why you chose the UK over IITs, AIMS, NLU etc : Bristol has been my top choice for a long time. One of the best Robotics Lab.(Robotics plus Computer Vision) in the world, plus Bristol's a wonderful city to live in the UK(I hear). ClayJensen817, do you second this point about Bristol?
Okay, you have tagged the right person lol. Bristol is an amazing city and the best uni out of all of your options. It is a Russel group so yes, Indeed your choice is perfect. How ever you will find racist, snobby, posh and very very rich people there. Bristol is quite expensive. London is too. Manchester is cheap and has many Indian and Pakistani people. May I know why you didnt apply to Manchester? Or even Leeds? I know Leeds has the same course.
Harry257
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Okay, you have tagged the right person lol. Bristol is an amazing city and the best uni out of all of your options. It is a Russel group so yes, Indeed your choice is perfect. How ever you will find racist, snobby, posh and very very rich people there. Bristol is quite expensive. London is too. Manchester is cheap and has many Indian and Pakistani people. May I know why you didnt apply to Manchester? Or even Leeds? I know Leeds has the same course
Hey.
Racism and class bias, I believe this is maze that most of the international students have to pass through You know better.
Coming to my choice of university, Manchester didn't have a robotics course and although Leeds is wonderful university with an amazing reputation, the course curriculum for robotics was not suited to my needs. The course curriculum at UoBristol and Bristol Robotics Laboratory, these two were more than enough for me to make a decision. As you said, the biggest challenge for me there would be to swim across bias(if it exists) and racist seas. Wish me luck And also, what is the situation in the UK with regards to Corona virus outbreak and Brexit?
A_J_B
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Namaste!
Started a thread after a lot of people asked for Indian Applicants applying to the United Kingdom for an Undergraduate degree
From CBSE to ICSE to Indian Societies and Conditional offers, feel free to discuss anything

You can use this introductory template
Course :
Universities :
Board :
Offers received :
Which Indian City are you from? :
Reservations about studies in the UK :
Why you chose the UK over IITs,AIMS,NLU etc :

Hope this is helpful
Course: Medicine
Universities : Birmingham, Cardiff, Leicester, Norwich
Board: CIE A levels
Offers received: Birmingham, Cardiff, Leicester, Norwich unconditional offers(I already have achieved grades)
Reservations about studying in the UK: None but I'm a bit worried about the dry weather especially during summer.
Which city I'm from: Kolkata
Why I chose the UK over Indian unis: cuz studying medicine in India is hella expensive and I don't think it's worth it at all.
aic11110
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Okay, you have tagged the right person lol. Bristol is an amazing city and the best uni out of all of your options. It is a Russel group so yes, Indeed your choice is perfect. How ever you will find racist, snobby, posh and very very rich people there. Bristol is quite expensive. London is too. Manchester is cheap and has many Indian and Pakistani people. May I know why you didnt apply to Manchester? Or even Leeds? I know Leeds has the same course.
Would you say University of Glasgow is a better option? How do both universities (Bristol and Glasgow) compare reputation wise? I read so many posts here saying the same thing about Bristol with racism and snobbish people and I just want to know if there is a considerable difference academically and in student satisfaction between these 2 unis. (yes, Bristol is ranked higher than Glasgow, but anything except that)
ClayJensen817
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by aic11110)
Would you say University of Glasgow is a better option? How do both universities (Bristol and Glasgow) compare reputation wise? I read so many posts here saying the same thing about Bristol with racism and snobbish people and I just want to know if there is a considerable difference academically and in student satisfaction between these 2 unis. (yes, Bristol is ranked higher than Glasgow, but anything except that)
Glasgow is an older uni. And it is a lot colder there. But to be honest since they are Russel Group Universities I would ask you to decide instead. Look at different pictures and stuff. But honestly you will be at a better advantage with a Bristol degree after you graduate rather than a Glasgow degree. My uncle did his Masters at Glasgow and he loved it. He is Indian too
aic11110
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Glasgow is an older uni. And it is a lot colder there. But to be honest since they are Russel Group Universities I would ask you to decide instead. Look at different pictures and stuff. But honestly you will be at a better advantage with a Bristol degree after you graduate rather than a Glasgow degree. My uncle did his Masters at Glasgow and he loved it. He is Indian too
Oh okay thank you for replying!! I thought it would be more or less the same because from what I read Glasgow has better research output. But Bristol is ranked slightly higher.
Harry257
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Oh okay thank you for replying!! I thought it would be more or less the same because from what I read Glasgow has better research output. But Bristol is ranked slightly higher.
It also depends on the course that you'll be doing. Glasgow too is a wonderful city for students.
aic11110
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Harry257)
It also depends on the course that you'll be doing. Glasgow too is a wonderful city for students.
I asked plenty of people who all said to choose the uni with the better ranking. But yeah like I said, people here generally do not have a good opinion about student life and support in Bristol. So thought I should enquire more.
ClayJensen817
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I asked plenty of people who all said to choose the uni with the better ranking. But yeah like I said, people here generally do not have a good opinion about student life and support in Bristol. So thought I should enquire more.
true that is
garimahuria22
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Any Indians going for University of Manchester 2020?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (70)
18.82%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (76)
20.43%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (68)
18.28%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (78)
20.97%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (39)
10.48%
I haven't started researching yet (41)
11.02%

Watched Threads