University is going very badly HELP Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So been at uni for just over two months and it’s been the worst experience of my life.
Don’t have a single friend and don’t have any one to talk to other than my flat mates which I rarely see. I also hate my course as it is completely different to what I was expecting.
I’ve missed at least 70% of all my seminars and lectures, and have definitely failed one of my modules as an essay that was 40% of my module was the worst essay I’ve ever written and a presentation worth 20% I didn’t even show up to just made the PowerPoint so idk if I get any marks for that.
I can’t transfer uni cos I’m doing a foundation year and I need a high 1st to transfer ( lol that’s never gonna happen).
So I’ve basiclly ****ed up my life and now I just don’t see the point in anything anymore
-Imperator-
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So been at uni for just over two months and it’s been the worst experience of my life.
Do what you want to. Since you say that you hate the course, hate the whole university experience, and didn't even show up to a compulsory presentation, it sounds as though you have no motivation to study whatsoever. The easy answer is to just drop out, get a job, and have a chill life. Plenty of people drop out from uni, so it's not a big deal.
The most important question to ask yourself is what you are motivated to do. Personally, I can relate to a lot of what you have been describing: I don't have as many good friends as I'd like; I don't go to the vast majority of lectures; and I massively screwed up the first two years of uni. The thing is, I know that the reason for my rubbish performance is my own laziness and procrastination. As I enter the final year of my degree, my fear of overall failure is giving me the motivation I need to discipline myself. (The same thing happened to me at A Levels.) Really, I enjoy the content of my course. So I'd repeat what I said earlier: if you have no motivation to study at all, you are making yourself suffer for no reason, and you should drop out. Otherwise, if you have some hope of succeeding in the long run, you'll just have to weather this current crisis you're going through.
Dalpx
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'm sorry to hear that.
Are you boy or girl? Do you suffer from mental health issues?
I think you may not adapt university life, which is normal for freshers.
Do you set ambition?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by -Imperator-)
Do what you want to. Since you say that you hate the course, hate the whole university experience, and didn't even show up to a compulsory presentation, it sounds as though you have no motivation to study whatsoever. The easy answer is to just drop out, get a job, and have a chill life. Plenty of people drop out from uni, so it's not a big deal.
The most important question to ask yourself is what you are motivated to do. Personally, I can relate to a lot of what you have been describing: I don't have as many good friends as I'd like; I don't go to the vast majority of lectures; and I massively screwed up the first two years of uni. The thing is, I know that the reason for my rubbish performance is my own laziness and procrastination. As I enter the final year of my degree, my fear of overall failure is giving me the motivation I need to discipline myself. (The same thing happened to me at A Levels.) Really, I enjoy the content of my course. So I'd repeat what I said earlier: if you have no motivation to study at all, you are making yourself suffer for no reason, and you should drop out. Otherwise, if you have some hope of succeeding in the long run, you'll just have to weather this current crisis you're going through.
It’s more due to the fact that I hate this university in particular but because of my circumstances there’s no chance of me being able to go anywhere else. It’s like if I stay at uni I’m gonna be unhappy but if I fail or leave uni I’ll be unhappy as well.
Have genuinely never felt this hopeless before.
-Imperator-
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
It’s more due to the fact that I hate this university in particular but because of my circumstances there’s no chance of me being able to go anywhere else. It’s like if I stay at uni I’m gonna be unhappy but if I fail or leave uni I’ll be unhappy as well.
Have genuinely never felt this hopeless before.
I think that you should email a suitable member of faculty (someone who is concerned with student support) and just tell them everything that you have said here. That's almost certainly the best way to get your problem solved. The sooner you get things sorted the better.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 18 Dec '19
  • The University of Law
    Open Day – GDL and LPC - Chester campus Postgraduate
    Sat, 4 Jan '20
  • University of East Anglia
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 6 Jan '20

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (326)
46.05%
No (78)
11.02%
I'm not old enough (304)
42.94%

Watched Threads