Woke up with neck pain Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Right so bit random but I went to sleep last night fine. I woke up at 4am to sharp quite painful neck pain in one side and it took me 20 mins to turn over in my bed due to the pain. Like the only wya i can describe is like when you lay funny and its sore but this is a lot worse. Im currently waiting to see a geneticist in relation to marfans or EDS and I have ahypermobile spine so im wondering at what point do I visit the doctor or worry
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Right so bit random but I went to sleep last night fine. I woke up at 4am to sharp quite painful neck pain in one side and it took me 20 mins to turn over in my bed due to the pain. Like the only wya i can describe is like when you lay funny and its sore but this is a lot worse. Im currently waiting to see a geneticist in relation to marfans or EDS and I have ahypermobile spine so im wondering at what point do I visit the doctor or worry
Just sounds like a trapped nerve, which is pretty common and will go in a few days.
I would take some painkillers, maybe use a hot water bottle or heat pad v neck and make sure its supported.
You can ring NHS 111 if seriously worried.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/neck-pain-and-stiff-neck/
BrentFoust
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
You must visit your physician. It might be severe muscle sprain or strain or something else. Depending on diagnosis, your physician will recommend appropriate treatment.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (200)
18.69%
Labour (553)
51.68%
Liberal Democrats (144)
13.46%
Green Party (59)
5.51%
Brexit Party (15)
1.4%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.37%
SNP (17)
1.59%
Plaid Cymru (5)
0.47%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (7)
0.65%
SDLP (2)
0.19%
Ulster Unionist (4)