Azotic
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hello. So in my year 1 i got CDD in Maths, biology and chemistry respectively. However this year i have been getting A/A stars in topic tests in chemistry, Cs and Bs and A's in topic tests in biology, and C's in Math topic tests. I'd say my year 1 knowledge is OKAY for all my subjects as i sometimes go over them. Is it too late to be aiming for A's for the exams next june, and if not how could i spend my time most efficiently from now until my exams, such as how long should i spend revising last years topics assuming it was weak compared to this years? I am really dedicated to getting A's in my exams but im worried it is a bit too late as there are roughly 6 months left. Any advice would be really appreciated, thank you.
aishaa_26
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Azotic)
Hello. So in my year 1 i got CDD in Maths, biology and chemistry respectively. However this year i have been getting A/A stars in topic tests in chemistry, Cs and Bs and A's in topic tests in biology, and C's in Math topic tests. I'd say my year 1 knowledge is OKAY for all my subjects as i sometimes go over them. Is it too late to be aiming for A's for the exams next june, and if not how could i spend my time most efficiently from now until my exams, such as how long should i spend revising last years topics assuming it was weak compared to this years? I am really dedicated to getting A's in my exams but im worried it is a bit too late as there are roughly 6 months left. Any advice would be really appreciated, thank you.
Sorry, I am literally no help, but I'm in the same boat as you :/
I'm sure you can do it because nothing is impossible! Just keep at the exam questions, looking over exactly what the mark scheme asks for. I'll be watching this thread for any advice from someone with experience
Keep working hard, it is possible!
Good luck!
Azotic
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by aishaa_26)
Sorry, I am literally no help, but I'm in the same boat as you :/
I'm sure you can do it because nothing is impossible! Just keep at the exam questions, looking over exactly what the mark scheme asks for. I'll be watching this thread for any advice from someone with experience
Keep working hard, it is possible!
Good luck!
Thank you for the kind words. I'm really hoping its possible but i am doubtful because i've heard of people working hard since the start of A levels and still not manage to get an A so it is hard to be optimistic.
aishaa_26
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Azotic)
Thank you for the kind words. I'm really hoping its possible but i am doubtful because i've heard of people working hard since the start of A levels and still not manage to get an A so it is hard to be optimistic.
It's honestly about working smart, not hard. I worked very hard last year and it amounted to nothing at all. This year, my revision tactics are MUCH more focused around first memorising content (I like spaced repetition the most) and then doing exam question after exam question. It seems so be going pretty well so far so I think it's definitely worth giving a shot. In this situation, there is literally nothing to lose! Don't lost faith in yourself, you must be doing these really hard A-Levels because you are capable of getting the grade! Best of luck!
dj_ad_1
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Lets make that 3 innit. Im also in a similar position as u. I got BCD predictions in year 1. And we had exams in september and I got really good grades in them so now its changed to BBC. Honestly its not the end of the world if u messed up first year. Im doing Maths, chem, physics btw so in terms on content in year 2 physics and chem is similar. I'd say if u really want those As and A* u have to be ahead of ur class in everything like ive finished all of pure maths at home and ive just started applied maths A2. Also a lot of work needs to be done like u need to do work in the half terms as that is ur chance to catch up and when ur mostly free. But good luck bro hopefully u do it.
aishaa_26
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by dj_ad_1)
Lets make that 3 innit. Im also in a similar position as u. I got BCD predictions in year 1. And we had exams in september and I got really good grades in them so now its changed to BBC. Honestly its not the end of the world if u messed up first year. Im doing Maths, chem, physics btw so in terms on content in year 2 physics and chem is similar. I'd say if u really want those As and A* u have to be ahead of ur class in everything like ive finished all of pure maths at home and ive just started applied maths A2. Also a lot of work needs to be done like u need to do work in the half terms as that is ur chance to catch up and when ur mostly free. But good luck bro hopefully u do it.
Good luck on it!!
dj_ad_1
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by aishaa_26)
Good luck on it!!
u too
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (201)
18.75%
Labour (554)
51.68%
Liberal Democrats (144)
13.43%
Green Party (59)
5.5%
Brexit Party (15)
1.4%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.37%
SNP (17)
1.59%
Plaid Cymru (5)
0.47%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (7)
0.65%
SDLP (2)
0.19%
Ulster Unionist (4)