Hannah.MF
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi thanks for checking out my question. Recently I've been looking at how to get a 8/9 at GCSE however i realised I wasn't doing that. I want to change however my whole sketchbook is dictated by my art teacher. For example, for homework she asks my class to draw the view outside our window (we're doing natural forms) and then thats it, i don't see how it relates or links to anything. The she'll ask us to take photos of natural forms and glue them in our book, but thats it. I don't know what to do and I really need your advise! THANK YOU
Hazelly
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Hannah.MF)
Hi thanks for checking out my question. Recently I've been looking at how to get a 8/9 at GCSE however i realised I wasn't doing that. I want to change however my whole sketchbook is dictated by my art teacher. For example, for homework she asks my class to draw the view outside our window (we're doing natural forms) and then thats it, i don't see how it relates or links to anything. The she'll ask us to take photos of natural forms and glue them in our book, but thats it. I don't know what to do and I really need your advise! THANK YOU
Have you spoken to your art teacher that you're not happy, and not sure whats realistically going on?
Hannah.MF
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hazzabear)
Have you spoken to your art teacher that you're not happy, and not sure whats realistically going on?
hey thanks for the reply. My teacher is a bit weird about that stuff, if I ask she will SHOOUUTTTT at me. For example, a boy in my class thought doing something a different way to what she advised would be better, but instead my teacher delivered him long lecture that she has been teaching GCSE for many years and that she knows better. I can see where my teacher is coming from, but I know confronting her will see no change.
a_elise
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Hannah.MF)
hey thanks for the reply. My teacher is a bit weird about that stuff, if I ask she will SHOOUUTTTT at me. For example, a boy in my class thought doing something a different way to what she advised would be better, but instead my teacher delivered him long lecture that she has been teaching GCSE for many years and that she knows better. I can see where my teacher is coming from, but I know confronting her will see no change.
Do you know what exam board you're taking for art? (The mark scheme varies from board to board)
Hannah.MF
Rep:
?
(Original post by a_elise)
Do you know what exam board you're taking for art? (The mark scheme varies from board to board)
Edexcel x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 18 Dec '19
  • The University of Law
    Open Day – GDL and LPC - Chester campus Postgraduate
    Sat, 4 Jan '20
  • University of East Anglia
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 6 Jan '20

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (326)
46.05%
No (78)
11.02%
I'm not old enough (304)
42.94%

Watched Threads