How can people go for multiple days without showering? Watch

AngryRedhead
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I’ve known people who can go for 5 or 6 days without showering and honestly I couldn’t think of much else more gross if I tried. I understand that everyone has a different hygiene tolerance but how do people tolerate their own body stench after two or more days?
Obolinda
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I've no idea. But tbh, it happens when my mood is worse than usual

How perfectly able people go days without showering is really weird to me. I just feel dirty. My parents and theirs always did daily, maybe it isn't a UK thing.
Last edited by Obolinda; 1 week ago
IH8Studying
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Erm some of us have depression
And I think you know that.
And there’s something called deodorant
Last edited by IH8Studying; 1 week ago
Profesh
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It's entirely possible to remain clean and fragrant without irrigating the Sahara.
Karisa96
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by AngryRedhead)
I’ve known people who can go for 5 or 6 days without showering and honestly I couldn’t think of much else more gross if I tried. I understand that everyone has a different hygiene tolerance but how do people tolerate their own body stench after two or more days?
I fully agree with you
Personally I cant go a day without showering let alone 5/6, days.
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
When I was a kid we had baths once a week and we usually shared the water with the rest of the kids in the family :laugh:
Obolinda
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Karisa96)
I fully agree with you
Personally I cant go a day without showering let alone 5/6, days.
same
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by gjd800)
When I was a kid we had baths once a week and we usually shared the water with the rest of the kids in the family :laugh:
Sundays?
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Reality Check)
Sundays?
yep!
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
yep!
This showering daily or twice daily (!) is a very recent thing. I do shower once daily, but when we lived in a very old house which didn't have a shower and couldn't have one fitted I didn't have a bath every day. Pits and bits sufficed.
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Reality Check)
This showering daily or twice daily (!) is a very recent thing. I do shower once daily, but when we lived in a very old house which didn't have a shower and couldn't have one fitted I didn't have a bath every day. Pits and bits sufficed.
i have to be careful because I have eczema and counter-intuitively, too much water = very dry skin
Precious Illusions
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'll shower every day unless I'm not leaving the house. Even then I wouldn't want to go more than a few days.

I only wash my hair like once a week tho.
WoodlandSorcerer
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I shower every single day, but only shampoo my hair once a week. The other days I just wet it.
Obolinda
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by WoodlandSorcerer)
I shower every single day, but only shampoo my hair once a week. The other days I just wet it.
If I wet my hair every day, it would be such a struggle. I have afro hair so it would just shrink and tangle, I'd need to blowdry it every day or something. That's why my mum gets me to put extensions in. I use a shower cap.
AngryRedhead
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Obolinda)
I've no idea. But tbh, it happens when my mood is worse than usual

How perfectly able people go days without showering is really weird to me. I just feel dirty. My parents and theirs always did daily, maybe it isn't a UK thing.
How do people not feel dirty and scuzzy
Precious Illusions
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I also do this. And just aim my shower head at my body so it doesn't get on my hair.
The Mogg
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Wow, I wasn't the only one who did that as a kid :laugh:
WoodlandSorcerer
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Obolinda)
If I wet my hair every day, it would be such a struggle. I have afro hair so it would just shrink and tangle, I'd need to blowdry it every day or something. That's why my mum gets me to put extensions in. I use a shower cap.
Wow, poor you! It must be difficult to have afro hair, how long does it take to dry?
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by The Mogg)
Wow, I wasn't the only one who did that as a kid :laugh:
This is late 80s and early 90s too, so not a million years ago

We were just skint, ha
yzanne
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Sometimes it's simply not practical. I wash every other morning, so that means every second day - but there are only 7 days in a week. I go to the gym mon, weds, fri and I HATE having simply body washes - it seems such a waste of my time to not wash my hair whilst I'm there.

So, some weekends I will go without washing so that it lines up with my dirtiest moment being when I go to the gym so that I can wash the stink off of me the next morning lol.

Sorry if this confused anyone
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (55)
31.61%
No I don't (84)
48.28%
I work during the holidays (35)
20.11%

Watched Threads