How can people go for multiple days without showering? Watch

FakeNewsEditor
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
'Tis why I avoid public transport as much as I can.
The Mogg
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by gjd800)
This is late 80s and early 90s too, so not a million years ago

We were just skint, ha
Well mine was like late 00's, early 10's, so even less time ago,

and yeah, it was because we were also skint, anyone would think that people don't like sharing the same water...
Obolinda
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by WoodlandSorcerer)
Wow, poor you! It must be difficult to have afro hair, how long does it take to dry?
No, idea, lol. I usually just moisturise it with leave-in conditioner and put it into 4 plaits if I'm lazy after washing it. Or I blowdry it.

And it honestly isn't that bad
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by The Mogg)
Well mine was like late 00's, early 10's, so even less time ago,

and yeah, it was because we were also skint, anyone would think that people don't like sharing the same water...
one thing I will say in favour of it; you learn that pride has no place very quickly :laugh:
EyestriX
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Personally i only shower 2-3 times a week in the winter and i don't feel discusting. I don't get what there is to be discusted by...

Sometimes if I'm not feeling it it can be longer... Then i do feel discusting

I don't think it's necessary to shower daily but then everyone is different.
Showering daily is a must if you only wash your bottom and feet when you shower :lol: to my surprise that's the case with alot of people.

Showing isn't the only way to be clean and hygienic :rofl2:
Precious Illusions
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by FakeNewsEditor)
I use the bus every day and generally it's fine but like a month ago this guy sat next to me and he smelled FOUL. Was saying how he'd recently been in a house fire or smth and his leg was infected. Then this guy got on and was like 'I'm a nurse and that seriously smells like gangrene get to a hospital' and I was like NOPE. Got off and waited for the next bus.
AngryRedhead
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by gjd800)
When I was a kid we had baths once a week and we usually shared the water with the rest of the kids in the family :laugh:
Kids are different though, I’m talking about stinky adults and teenagers here
DiddyDecAlt
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I mostly shower daily unless I wake up late when I will opt for a whore's bath.
EyestriX
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Precious Illusions)
I use the bus every day and generally it's fine but like a month ago this guy sat next to me and he smelled FOUL. Was saying how he'd recently been in a house fire or smth and his leg was infected. Then this guy got on and was like 'I'm a nurse and that seriously smells like gangrene get to a hospital' and I was like NOPE. Got off and waited for the next bus.
LOOOL :rofl: Well that's a one off, it doesn't happen everyday and it has nothing to do with hygiene
What's more of an occurrence nowadays on the bus, is that there is always someone who smells of weed, ALWAYS
barnetlad
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by FakeNewsEditor)
It is one of the obstacles to getting people out of cars.
MidgetFever
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I mean, it's fine not to shower daily. Sometimes it's just not practical, plus not everyone can afford to front huge water bills.

I usually shower every other day, but by the end of the other day I do start to feel a little gross. Think two days probably has to be my limit.
Precious Illusions
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by EyestriX)
LOOOL :rofl: Well that's a one off, it doesn't happen everyday and it has nothing to do with hygiene
What's more of an occurrence nowadays on the bus, is that there is always someone who smells of weed, ALWAYS
Oh I know, just wanted other people to know about my horrible experience :laugh: London buses definitely always smell like weed. I live in Glasgow now and it's not so bad here!
Glaz
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by DiddyDecAlt)
I mostly shower daily unless I wake up late when I will opt for a whore's bath.
not sure i want to know the answer but what is that
DiddyDecAlt
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Glaz)
It is where you use wet cloth for a quick scrub, apparently the method is common among ladies of the night between clients.
EyestriX
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Precious Illusions)
Oh I know, just wanted other people to know about my horrible experience :laugh: London buses definitely always smell like weed. I live in Glasgow now and it's not so bad here!
Haha fair enough

I don't get how people can get away with it. First of all you can just tell my looking at them, they look like a tramp with their massive empty-looking bags and then the smell is just awful. I wonder if they can smell it themselves or have they been desensitised :facepalm:
Precious Illusions
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Glaz)
I've always called it a hobo bath, where men wash their genitals in the sink.
Andrew97
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
No, it is not needed.
Sarah_xxx
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Obolinda)
If I wet my hair every day, it would be such a struggle. I have afro hair so it would just shrink and tangle, I'd need to blowdry it every day or something. That's why my mum gets me to put extensions in. I use a shower cap.
My hair's very curly so i cant even blowdry my hair it would become a tangled mess...

Air drying is my only option
CoolCavy
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Not everyone needs to shower everyday, it depends on the person. Unless you have MH issues or a physical disability that prevent you doing so, during this day and age of running water and a £1 pack of 6 soaps from home and bargains there is no excuse for poor hygiene. As a frequent bus traveller it would appear that many people didnt get that memo, some people have legitimate reasons but some people are also just lazy.
People had better pride and standards back in the days of one bath a week and boiling your washing in the bath.
IH8Studying
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by DwertyQ)
you disgusting mess
Lol 😂
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (164)
19.32%
Labour (431)
50.77%
Liberal Democrats (114)
13.43%
Green Party (48)
5.65%
Brexit Party (12)
1.41%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.47%
SNP (15)
1.77%
Plaid Cymru (4)
0.47%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
0.71%
SDLP (1)
0.12%
Ulster Unionist (4)