The Student Room Group

Do I qualify for a maintenance loan?

Hi, so i'm a UK citizen with british parents, born in the uk etc... but i've lived half my life in the UK and half in france? I've lived total about 8/9 years in the UK in my life (0-3, 8-14) and vice versa for France (3-8, 14-now). I know it says that residents have to have lived 3 years before the start of their course, but I was wondering if I would qualify as an exception? I saw something on the government website about if you have lived in the uk for 7 years then you may qualify, and we have a house in the uk and go home frequently, its just because my parents jobs are based in france.... I'm really confused!! Help??
Original post by minimoo_
Hi, so i'm a UK citizen with british parents, born in the uk etc... but i've lived half my life in the UK and half in france? I've lived total about 8/9 years in the UK in my life (0-3, 8-14) and vice versa for France (3-8, 14-now). I know it says that residents have to have lived 3 years before the start of their course, but I was wondering if I would qualify as an exception? I saw something on the government website about if you have lived in the uk for 7 years then you may qualify, and we have a house in the uk and go home frequently, its just because my parents jobs are based in france.... I'm really confused!! Help??

Hi,

As you're a UK national you'd be eligible for full finance as long as and you are ordinarily resident in the UK, on the first day of the term of your course.

Regards, Duncan

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending