Why did you decide to study a BTEC? Watch

brainzistheword
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
:wavey:

What course did you choose and why did you opt for a BTEC over other options?

:holmes:
AngelGamerXx
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
i do btec applied science. I choose it as I didn't get the right grades for Alevels and it's more practical based rather then just exams. I really like the course and getting pretty good grades. I got distinction last year and only me and one other person got it.
Last edited by AngelGamerXx; 3 days ago
brainzistheword
Rep:
?
(Original post by AngelGamerXx)
i do btec applied science. I choose it as I didn't get the right grades for Alevels and it's more practical based rather then just exams. I really like the course and getting pretty good grades. I got distinction last year and only me and one other person got it.
Fantastic, well done! Really glad you are enjoying your course. What are your plans when you finish your BTEC?
AngelGamerXx
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by brainzistheword)
Fantastic, well done! Really glad you are enjoying your course. What are your plans when you finish your BTEC?
I planning to do biomedical science at uni next year. it's so great seeing uni accepting btec now. although some do not, most do.
brainzistheword
Rep:
?
I planning to do biomedical science at uni next year. it's so great seeing uni accepting btec now. although some do not, most do.
I completely agree - it gives people so many more options than they may have thought. I did a BTEC in Engineering as part of an apprenticeship and it's nice to know that it can lead on to further things.

Biomedical Science sounds really cool!
AngelGamerXx
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by brainzistheword)
I completely agree - it gives people so many more options than they may have thought. I did a BTEC in Engineering as part of an apprenticeship and it's nice to know that it can lead on to further things.

Biomedical Science sounds really cool!
that good to hear. glad to hear you enjoy your btec. tbh I feel I learned so much for doing assignment and practical work and not just information that will be just crammed in my brain just for me to forget after the exam, I actually learned some good study and independent skills.
Last edited by AngelGamerXx; 3 days ago
brainzistheword
Rep:
?
that good to hear. glad to hear you enjoy your btec. tbh I feel I learned so much for doing assignment and practical work and not just information that will be just crammed in my brain just for me to forget after the exam, I actually learned some good study and independent skills.
That's good to know, and in hindsight I would probably say the same, though it's hard to tell if I'd have developed the same skills with A-levels. I definitely think the coursework aspect develops your time management skills
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (5)
13.51%
Labour (20)
54.05%
Liberal Democrats (4)
10.81%
Green Party (4)
10.81%
Brexit Party (0)
0%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (0)
0%
SNP (1)
2.7%
Plaid Cymru (0)
0%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (1)
2.7%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (0)