The Student Room Group

Think I’ve failed a module foundation year

Currently doing a foundation year and think I have failed one of my modules as I have been absent for the past week so was not able to work with my group for my presentation and they basically kicked me out (fair enough).
But it’s worth 40% of my module and an essay I did that is also 40% of my module was not very good so that means I’ve failed the module.
I know it may vary for different unis but can you still pass a foundation year if I do really well in my other modules or can I retake the module/re do the essays etc?
I know I should talk to the advisor but I’m scared that they’ll say I have to leave or something.
They won’t ask you to leave they’ll just give you advise for what to do or which option is better for you. Just talk to your advisor to give you a clear answer
Original post by Anonymous
Currently doing a foundation year and think I have failed one of my modules as I have been absent for the past week so was not able to work with my group for my presentation and they basically kicked me out (fair enough).
But it’s worth 40% of my module and an essay I did that is also 40% of my module was not very good so that means I’ve failed the module.
I know it may vary for different unis but can you still pass a foundation year if I do really well in my other modules or can I retake the module/re do the essays etc?
I know I should talk to the advisor but I’m scared that they’ll say I have to leave or something.

You need to speak to someone at your university/college to establish whether you need to pass every module to pass the year, or what you need to do to enable you to pass.

If they do insist on you leaving, then there's nothing much you can do about it if you already haven't met (and therefore won't meet) the required standard.
Reply 3
Original post by PhoenixFortune
You need to speak to someone at your university/college to establish whether you need to pass every module to pass the year, or what you need to do to enable you to pass.

If they do insist on you leaving, then there's nothing much you can do about it if you already haven't met (and therefore won't meet) the required standard.

I can’t find anything online and don’t have a meeting with an advisor till Wednesday so I’m getting stressed now lol.
I swear it’s compulsary to retake or re do the assignments if you fail?
I can’t find anything online and don’t have a meeting with an advisor till Wednesday so I’m getting stressed now lol.
I swear it’s compulsary to retake or re do the assignments if you fail?

I can't say for sure as your advisor is best placed to tell you your exact requirements. I would imagine though that you would be given one chance to resubmit (although this will probably have a penalty attached/be capped at the pass mark).
Reply 5

I failed one module during my foundation year and I was still able to progress to my next year. I think as long as it's not a core module you are okay.

You will need to check with your university though but I hope this helps
Reply 6
Original post by ryytt
I failed one module during my foundation year and I was still able to progress to my next year. I think as long as it's not a core module you are okay.

You will need to check with your university though but I hope this helps

Not sure is ifs a core module but is only 20 credits?
If it’s core do they make you redo the coursework etc? Or is it possible to take anothe module next semester to make up for it?

Quick Reply

Latest