The Student Room Group

I think i want to do 4 alevels but i am worried about the workload

I am currently in y11 and have to apply for college soon. I have a genuine interest and passion for film however i am an acedemic student. I want to Study Maths, politics, psychology and either digital media production BTEC or Film Studies. However i am worried that doing 4 alevels will be too much. Do you think it would it be better to do 3 a-levels + BTEC which is 100% coursework? or not bother doing 4 at all. I have heard that film is a soft subject so i worry taking it as part of the 3 is bad desicion. I am predicted to achieve all 8's and 9's at GCSE do you think i could handle the work.
Reply 1
Original post by lucyp2402
I am currently in y11 and have to apply for college soon. I have a genuine interest and passion for film however i am an acedemic student. I want to Study Maths, politics, psychology and either digital media production BTEC or Film Studies. However i am worried that doing 4 alevels will be too much. Do you think it would it be better to do 3 a-levels + BTEC which is 100% coursework? or not bother doing 4 at all. I have heard that film is a soft subject so i worry taking it as part of the 3 is bad desicion. I am predicted to achieve all 8's and 9's at GCSE do you think i could handle the work.

No matter what courses you do at a level the workload is a lot more than gcse and it will be hard if you really want to do 4 a levels then yes I would advise doing the btec one as th exam stress is bad especially with the psychology a level there is a lot to remember no matter what exam board you are on and so the less exams you have to do the better I would say

Quick Reply

Latest