Applying for maintenance loan midway through academic year Watch

Smooth Sailing
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi,

My friend wishes to apply for a maintenance loan. She started her first year of her course in September this year, and so far has only claimed a loan for tuition fees.

Having clicked on the relevant links on the Student Finance England website, it seemed like she had to print off the forms and send them to SFE directly, rather than submitting the information online (for the application and also parental income, etc). Is this correct?

Thanks in advance
Duncan SFE
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Smooth Sailing)
Hi,

My friend wishes to apply for a maintenance loan. She started her first year of her course in September this year, and so far has only claimed a loan for tuition fees.

Having clicked on the relevant links on the Student Finance England website, it seemed like she had to print off the forms and send them to SFE directly, rather than submitting the information online (for the application and also parental income, etc). Is this correct?

Thanks in advance
Hi,

Has the student originally applied as an EU student or a home student? Are they a UK national?

Regards, Duncan
Smooth Sailing
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Duncan SFE)
Hi,

Has the student originally applied as an EU student or a home student? Are they a UK national?

Regards, Duncan
Hi Duncan,

The student is a home student, a UK national.
Erin SFE
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Smooth Sailing)
Hi Duncan,

The student is a home student, a UK national.
Hi there,

If it will not allow them to update their loan online, they will need to complete the Maintenance Loan Request Form. Once they have sent this to us we will be able to add their loan onto their account.

Thanks, Erin
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (54)
31.4%
No I don't (84)
48.84%
I work during the holidays (34)
19.77%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise