Smiley1596
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
How do i balance equations? Is there a simple way or a youtube video someone finds really good? I have my mock tomorrow so i neep help ASAP.....
Wolf_lover
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hey!

Balancing questions seems really confusing at first but it becomes like second nature when you’ve had some practice!

The best way to think about it is that you need the same number of atoms of an element on each side of the arrow. You can’t change the small number in subscript so you manipulate the big numbers at the front of the molecules. In this way you are basically playing match up to ‘balance’ the atoms on each side of to make sure you have the same number of atoms on both sides.

Hopefully that helped a little bit, but also ‘Free Scoence Lessons’ on YouTube is good if you type that in and then ‘balancing equations’. The CGP revision guide also has very good examples answers that reach you the concept.

Good luck in your mocks!

- Kaya
Smiley1596
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Wolf_lover)
Hey!

Balancing questions seems really confusing at first but it becomes like second nature when you’ve had some practice!

The best way to think about it is that you need the same number of atoms of an element on each side of the arrow. You can’t change the small number in subscript so you manipulate the big numbers at the front of the molecules. In this way you are basically playing match up to ‘balance’ the atoms on each side of to make sure you have the same number of atoms on both sides.

Hopefully that helped a little bit, but also ‘Free Scoence Lessons’ on YouTube is good if you type that in and then ‘balancing equations’. The CGP revision guide also has very good examples answers that reach you the concept.

Good luck in your mocks!

- Kaya
Thank You so much
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 18 Dec '19
  • The University of Law
    Open Day – GDL and LPC - Chester campus Postgraduate
    Sat, 4 Jan '20
  • University of East Anglia
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 6 Jan '20

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (332)
45.98%
No (78)
10.8%
I'm not old enough (312)
43.21%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed