Randomperson1213
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I’m doing my GCSEs this year and I’m contemplating changing single science to higher combined science. Will that weaken me When applying for universities ?
Humairaahpatel
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Not at all, it doesn’t really matter, but try to aim for atleast 7A*-A’s for your GCSES and a minimum grade 6 in both English and maths, if you wanna go to top unis gcses definitely are important, so don’t let anyone else tell you otherwise! They do matter! It doesn’t make a massive difference so don’t worry, I applied to do law this year!
Randomperson1213
Rep:
?
Last edited by Randomperson1213; 1 week ago
MidgetFever
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You don't need specific GCSE's or A-levels to study law, just do whatever interests you more/whatever you feel as though you'd do better in.
Randomperson1213
Rep:
?
(Original post by Humairaahpatel)
Not at all, it doesn’t really matter, but try to aim for atleast 7A*-A’s for your GCSES and a minimum grade 6 in both English and maths, if you wanna go to top unis gcses definitely are important, so don’t let anyone else tell you otherwise! They do matter! It doesn’t make a massive difference so don’t worry, I applied to do law this year!
Yeah I’m predicted high grades for science maths and English. But the amount of content for triple keeps me from studying from my priorities like history. Since ur doing law, could u help me out on my choices if you don’t mind. I’m doing English lit law and economics for a level. However I heard a lot of mixed opinions about law and unis so should I choose pre. Id prefer to do law.
Humairaahpatel
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Randomperson1213)
Yeah I’m predicted high grades for science maths and English. But the amount of content for triple keeps me from studying from my priorities like history. Since ur doing law, could u help me out on my choices if you don’t mind. I’m doing English lit law and economics for a level. However I heard a lot of mixed opinions about law and unis so should I choose pre. Id prefer to do law.
That’s really good! I also do law and economics at a level and I did English lit too (dropped it bc the teacher was boring)
I think your combination of subjects are very very good! It doesn’t matter if you do law at A level you aren’t going to be disadvantaged and personally I think you have more of an edge because you already know how to think like a lawyer tbh; your subjects are a very good choice
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Arts University Bournemouth
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Thu, 12 Dec '19
  • Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance
    Musical Theatre Undergraduate
    Fri, 13 Dec '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 18 Dec '19

Do you work while at uni?