Applicants to Uni of Bristol or Warwick? Watch

misslyddiero
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi! I'm sending off my application tomorrow afternoon with my head of year and I am so nervous if i don't get offers. Bristol and Warwick want ABB, I am targeted ABC- do you think this will effect me? Please let me know because I'm really dreading this... any experiences etc. do share!
the90sbaby
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
could u maybe ask the subject teacher who projected you with the C if s/he could give u a grade higher?
My chemistry grade was definitely not worth a B but I asked and my teacher helped me got the grade up and I reckon you could do the same?
misslyddiero
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by the90sbaby)
could u maybe ask the subject teacher who projected you with the C if s/he could give u a grade higher?
My chemistry grade was definitely not worth a B but I asked and my teacher helped me got the grade up and I reckon you could do the same?
She is very anti-me... she seems to think that predicting me a C is 'push' and she's already made it clear that she cannot predict me a B- thanks though
returnmigrant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
What degree subject are you applying for?
misslyddiero
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by returnmigrant)
What degree subject are you applying for?
Politics and International Relations
returnmigrant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by misslyddiero)
Politics and International Relations
Okay - certainly at Bristol this is a very competitive subject and its possible they wont look at 'one grade below'. However, one risky choice is worth a go, but two is probably pushing your luck, especially with a popular subject at two top Unis.

If you did go for one or both of these, make sure your other choices are more realistic. Unis asking for UCAS points (not specific grades) will be far more accepting of a C grade. And there are other related courses at Bristol like 'Politics and Sociology' that have lower requirements, and that might be a good back-up choice in case you dont get Politics and IR.

Alternatively, you could not apply this year, and instead work your socks off for the best grades you can get and then apply next year with known grades. Just depends how important Bristol and/or Warwick are to you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (200)
18.69%
Labour (553)
51.68%
Liberal Democrats (144)
13.46%
Green Party (59)
5.51%
Brexit Party (15)
1.4%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.37%
SNP (17)
1.59%
Plaid Cymru (5)
0.47%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (7)
0.65%
SDLP (2)
0.19%
Ulster Unionist (4)