mol2002
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
When I graduate uni I hope to work in marine rehabilitation but I can't decide which course would be a better option in helping me to achieve this? Any help would be appreciated thanks
Punkroesz
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by mol2002)
When I graduate uni I hope to work in marine rehabilitation but I can't decide which course would be a better option in helping me to achieve this? Any help would be appreciated thanks
Hey.

I study the Marine Biology MSci at Bangor and can hopefully be of some help.

It depends what you mean by marine rehabilitation. If you simply want to work with whales, seals, otters and such like, go with the Marine Zoology. I should point out that places for these jobs a very very competitive because that's what most students who study marine biology want to do. If you want to work with other species, such as octopus and anemones, do the Marine Biology.

It might be worth doing a joint honours programme. Bangor offers Marine Biology with Zoology, and while there are only a few different modules (marine bio study oceanography while marine bio/zoo do principles of life etc) they are tailored so that students who study these come out with a broader knowledge of zoology as well as marine biology.

Sarah
Nathan29
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hi do you recommend any books to buy for Bangor marine biology course ?
Bangor Uni
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Nathan29)
Hi do you recommend any books to buy for Bangor marine biology course ?
Hi Nathan29,

Why not ask our students studying the course which books you will need, you can do this by clicking on the link below:

https://www.bangor.ac.uk/student-lif...dents%20Button

Hope this helps

Sera
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (191)
43.71%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (49)
11.21%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (35)
8.01%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (91)
20.82%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (46)
10.53%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (25)
5.72%

Watched Threads