tiaindie16
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hey. I currently do A levels from home through an online college and apart from marking my essays (which my teachers do)... everything else is up to me. Just wondered if anyone else currently studies from home and what subjects you do!?

I made a post like this a few months ago but just looking again to see if anyone needs someone to talk to about this. If you have any questions about how it works/prices/pros/cons or which college I use then just leave a comment
OrianeM
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hello !
I was thinking of doing that next year if I don't any offers on UCAS this year.
I saw that some online programs offered a "fast track A-levels" in 1 year, do you think it's manageable ?
And I would be curious to know which subjects you are taking ?
tiaindie16
Rep:
?
(Original post by OrianeM)
Hello !
I was thinking of doing that next year if I don't any offers on UCAS this year.
I saw that some online programs offered a "fast track A-levels" in 1 year, do you think it's manageable ?
And I would be curious to know which subjects you are taking ?
hi! I recently heard of the fast track a levels actually. It depends how many you are thinking of really, I think 2 fast track a levels would be manageable but this may change depending on your actual subjects as it is only a year which will fly by haha. I am thinking of completing a fast track a level after I finish my three current 'normal 2 year' ones in may 2020. I do Law, Psychology and Business How about yourself?
OrianeM
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I was thinking of taking 3 A-Levels so fast track might be a bit too ambitious !
I want to study Classical Studies so probably Classical Studies, Latin and something else a bit less relevant to the subject such as Politics or English Literature.
Then do you want to apply to universities?
tiaindie16
Rep:
?
(Original post by OrianeM)
I was thinking of taking 3 A-Levels so fast track might be a bit too ambitious !
I want to study Classical Studies so probably Classical Studies, Latin and something else a bit less relevant to the subject such as Politics or English Literature.
Then do you want to apply to universities?
Sounds good, yeah I would say it might be better to take your time with 3 a levels. I personally am not applying for uni yet as I want to travel for 6 months and then probably apply for the year after. If I change my mind for some reason I might also look at the Open University as a possible option. How about yourself??
OrianeM
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'm trying to apply this year for a Bachelor in Classical Studies, but I don't know if I have the necessary requirements, so if I am taken, which I hope but doubt a lot, I'll start it. And if I'm not, I'll take a gap year or two to study the A-levels while trying to volunteer, work and travel a bit!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance
    Musical Theatre Undergraduate
    Fri, 13 Dec '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 18 Dec '19
  • The University of Law
    Open Day – GDL and LPC - Chester campus Postgraduate
    Sat, 4 Jan '20

Have you voted in today's general election?

Yes (73)
53.28%
No (22)
16.06%
I'm not old enough (42)
30.66%

Watched Threads