Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
what happens if i fail a foundation year at Uni of Westminster.Can i retake the course/pick a new one, or am i kicked out
University of Westminster
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
what happens if i fail a foundation year at Uni of Westminster.Can i retake the course/pick a new one, or am i kicked out
Hi there

If you fail 60 credits or more (which is half the course) then you will be excluded from the course. Which means you will not be able to re-take the year again. It also means you won't be able to study that particular subject again at Foundation level at Westminster.

You can re-apply for a different Foundation course. The course tutor will look at your transcript and note that you have already failed one Foundation Year. If fail the course you will need to check with Student finance England (SFE) to see if your funding is affected.

If you fail less that 60 credits you will be entitled to re-take the failed modules. Which means you will come back to university the following year as a module retriever. You will retake the modules that you failed over that year.

Best wishes

Kim
Course Enquiries Team
Last edited by University of Westminster; 1 week ago
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
oh okay, so if i fail 60 credits or more, i can swap to a different course at this uni, and if i fail less i can just retake the modules in the next year if im correct then?
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
oh okay, so if i fail 60 credits or more, i can swap to a different course at this uni, and if i fail less i can just retake the modules in the next year if im correct then?
Hi there

It may not be possible to just swap courses if you fail. You will have to submit a new application through UCAS. Some course tutors will be cautious about admitting you onto another course if you have failed a foundation year already. It will depend on which alternative course you want to study and whether the course team feel you are going to fail again or not. If you fail less modules you will have to return as a module retriever the following year.

Best wishes

Kim
Course Enquiries Team
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Ah okay, but I will still have options of continuing to study at this uni, instead of just being kicked out? Just to confirm lol
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Ah okay, but I will still have options of continuing to study at this uni, instead of just being kicked out? Just to confirm lol
Hi there

Talk to your personal tutor if you feel you're getting behind on your work. There are always options of course and we don't want to see you fail the course. Attend all classes and tutorials/seminars. Make sure you do the work set for you by the course leaders and prepare for any exams ahead of time. Be organised and know deadline dates for coursework submissions and exams.

Best of luck

Kim
Course Enquiries Team
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by University of Westminster)
Hi there

Talk to your personal tutor if you feel you're getting behind on your work. There are always options of course and we don't want to see you fail the course. Attend all classes and tutorials/seminars. Make sure you do the work set for you by the course leaders and prepare for any exams ahead of time. Be organised and know deadline dates for coursework submissions and exams.

Best of luck

Kim
Course Enquiries Team
Could you please explain how the module/credit system works please? Is the work ive been doing for every part of my course (computer networks, maths and programming) since september to now 3 different modules, and after christmas ill start the next 3 modules for each? Or is a module the whole year? Thanks!
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Could you please explain how the module/credit system works please? Is the work ive been doing for every part of my course (computer networks, maths and programming) since september to now 3 different modules, and after christmas ill start the next 3 modules for each? Or is a module the whole year? Thanks!
Hi there

After Christmas you will take 3 new modules. Each module on your course is worth 20 credits and you will take 120 credits in total for the year. So each module lasts for one semester only.

Best wishes

Kim
Course Enquiries Team
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Westminster
    All Departments will be open. Postgraduate
    Wed, 4 Mar '20
    All Departments will be open. Undergraduate
    Sat, 14 Mar '20
    All Departments will be open. Postgraduate
    Sun, 3 May '20

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (413)
43.84%
No (98)
10.4%
I'm not old enough (431)
45.75%

Watched Threads