The Student Room Group

dna tests. worth or not

so i was gonna get those ancestry tests where it reveals ur heritage cuz my dads lightskin and idk if they have some foreign roots. tryn find 1% of any country to call myself mixed.

did you take it and were you surprised, shocked. and if u wanna share where tf ur from thats great.
Original post by time2
so i was gonna get those ancestry tests where it reveals ur heritage cuz my dads lightskin and idk if they have some foreign roots. tryn find 1% of any country to call myself mixed.

did you take it and were you surprised, shocked. and if u wanna share where tf ur from thats great.

i haven't but i'm half canadian,born in france. my eyes are pretty asian and tonnes of ppl think im asian, i think i have some sort of asia in me haha
mate, rock your heritage. i took the myheritage dna test and it came up as

- scottish 37%
- english 20%
- dutch 17%
- sierra leonean 10%
- nigerian 16%

so yeah pretty crazy heritage lmao. i cant really align as any ethnicity except maybe scottish since thats what im most of
Bruv it’s okay to be fully black yannoe

I have a bit of indian in my blood but I’m not screaming mixed

Africans are amazing !!
Original post by IH8Studying

Africans are amazing !!

agreed
Reply 5

Africans are amazing !!

thing is. nobody believes im fully black. so maybe if i get the test they might be right yannoe

every1 think im mixed for some reason. i mean i kinda have some roots in my moms side but idc about that.

u should just flex on em
Original post by time2
thing is. nobody believes im fully black.

every1 think im mixed for some reason. i mean i kinda have some roots in my moms side but idc about that.

u should just flex on em

Is it cause ur light skin

People don’t realise that so many fully black people are light skin af

yas king
Reply 7
Is it cause ur light skin

People don’t realise that so many fully black people are light skin af

yas king

when i was younger until like y7 i was lightskin now im semi. only thing ik is that i aint darkskinned. probs in between
ye any light guy i just assume hes mixed

hence if i get with an east asian my kids fr gonna be models
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 8
I did 23andme and it was so varied it seemed dodge I thought I was black and white.
But I got randomly got 13.5% Native American from Brazil which makes no sense :/ but was fun tbh
Original post by time2
make sure u take a pic of this print it out and put it on your back before you say n*gga. <- if u look white

imma take it, hopefully it isnt just 99% african 1% middle eastern. since my mom and aunt grew up in italy MAYBE but idk i aint gonna stretch it. but best believe if i see 0.3% italian im finna take out the pasta

im 1/4 black so i can say 1/4 of the n word :wink: my ni
These tests are not accurate. I think they have like 50% accuracy. Also there is the issue of security.
Original post by lewis6969

- scottish 37%
- english 20%
- dutch 17%
- sierra leonean 10%
- nigerian 16%

so yeah pretty crazy heritage lmao. i cant really align as any ethnicity except maybe scottish since thats what im most of

16% nigerian wtf thats pretty cool. I would just hope it is in the right place
I want to do one as well
Original post by Omertà
16% nigerian wtf thats pretty cool. I would just hope it is in the right place

i lied about being mexican to some people i didnt know and they believed me lol

- scottish 37%
- english 20%
- dutch 17%
- sierra leonean 10%
- nigerian 16%

Are you white?
Original post by ThuggerThugger
Are you white?

mostly white yeah
Reply 16
Original post by ساره
I want to do one as well

Original post by Sirena_
These tests are not accurate. I think they have like 50% accuracy. Also there is the issue with secyrity

Their sites claim 99% accuracy i think
Reply 17
Original post by ساره
I want to do one as well

I wanted to do one until I actually researched them and found out that they're not nearly as accurate as claimed, and saw someone on a news programme take dna tests with several of the known companies they do it, and the results all came back different..
mostly white yeah

Then you cant hang on the block
Original post by ThuggerThugger
Then you cant hang on the block

thank **** for that

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending