Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So, I recently had a sort of revelation that I want to go to Harvard. I live in England And I’m in yr 13 and I know that the deadline is January 1st, in exactly a months time. Is it possible to do the application process in this time or is there possibly any way to apply at a later date?
A_25
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
not really... there aren't any times left where you can take the SAT/ACT and subject tests for this application cycle, if you really want to apply to Harvard then you're going to have to take a gap year sit the admissions tests in summer/autumn next year probably post a-levels and then apply .
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
Good luck with that.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by A_25)
not really... there aren't any times left where you can take the SAT/ACT and subject tests for this application cycle, if you really want to apply to Harvard then you're going to have to take a gap year sit the admissions tests in summer/autumn next year probably post a-levels and then apply .
Does Harvard allow gap years? I wasn’t aware of this
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
Good luck with that.
No need for the sarcasm. I was asking a genuine question. Don’t respond if you are not going to give a genuine answer. Troll.
A_25
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Does Harvard allow gap years? I wasn’t aware of this
You can absolutely apply post a-level results, it's similar to the UK, although you're going to want to start looking at when you can feasibly sit the entrance exams etc
mathplustutornj
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Actually, technically you can take the ACT December 14 and the SAT Subject Tests December 7. They might take the test scores after the application deadline. You can ask them.

If you apply, you should probably also apply to Yale, Princeton, etc., as people can apply to lots of schools and acceptance rates are like 5%.

You need at least 2 A*s, to do really well on the US tests, and something that looks like amazing ECs to maybe have a chance.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (281)
46.91%
No (69)
11.52%
I'm not old enough (249)
41.57%

Watched Threads