Do English universities take Scottish highers for entry?? Watch

anisha211
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
I'm currently in S4 in Scotland completing my National 5s. I'm on a dependent visa because of my dad's job and because of visa issues I decided that I will go to university straight after S5 (so I'm not doing S6). I want to study at uni in England and because I would have only had completed my highers at that point, I was wondering if top English universities (like UCL, Imperial College London, Cambridge, etc.) take Scottish highers for their entry requirements. If it helps, I want to study astrophysics or aerospace engineering (or something similiar).
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
What do they say on their websites?
anisha211
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by ageshallnot)
What do they say on their websites?
For Imperial College London, it doesn't say anything about Scottish Highers, it only says the entry requirements for Advanced Highers. UCL doesn't have an aerospace engineering course and I'm still researching into Cambridge so I'm not sure about that. Sorry
Labrador99
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by anisha211)
I'm currently in S4 in Scotland completing my National 5s. I'm on a dependent visa because of my dad's job and because of visa issues I decided that I will go to university straight after S5 (so I'm not doing S6). I want to study at uni in England and because I would have only had completed my highers at that point, I was wondering if top English universities (like UCL, Imperial College London, Cambridge, etc.) take Scottish highers for their entry requirements. If it helps, I want to study astrophysics or aerospace engineering (or something similiar).
They do accept Highers as a qualification, but to meet their minimum requirements you also need to have advanced highers, so would need to stay on until S6 if you wanted to apply to those unis. You'd be able to apply to plenty of courses at Scottish unis though if you don't want to do S6.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Suffolk
    Undergraduate Open Day - Ipswich Main Campus Undergraduate
    Mon, 9 Dec '19
  • University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (172)
19.09%
Labour (460)
51.05%
Liberal Democrats (120)
13.32%
Green Party (53)
5.88%
Brexit Party (13)
1.44%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.44%
SNP (15)
1.66%
Plaid Cymru (4)
0.44%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
0.67%
SDLP (1)
0.11%
Ulster Unionist (4)