The Student Room Group

Payments cancelled and I don’t know why

Hi all. I am currently a second year studentMy first year I had no problems with my finance. I then intercalated the academic year 2018/2019 before returning to my studies in September this year. I applied for student finance back in June and it was approved and payments scheduled. I received my first payment in September. Today I checked my student finance to see when my next payment was due only to discover my application has been ‘cancelled’ and no further payments will be made? I then checked the ‘letters and emails’ to find that they had sent me a letter claiming that the payment I received in September was an overpayment and I was actually entitled to £0. I didn’t receive this letter as I have recently moved. I am incredibly confused by this as I am still studying and haven’t dropped out, nor have my circumstances changed since I made my application. I’m sure you can appreciate how stressful this is!Thanks!
Original post by CobaltRose96
Hi all. I am currently a second year studentMy first year I had no problems with my finance. I then intercalated the academic year 2018/2019 before returning to my studies in September this year. I applied for student finance back in June and it was approved and payments scheduled. I received my first payment in September. Today I checked my student finance to see when my next payment was due only to discover my application has been ‘cancelled’ and no further payments will be made? I then checked the ‘letters and emails’ to find that they had sent me a letter claiming that the payment I received in September was an overpayment and I was actually entitled to £0. I didn’t receive this letter as I have recently moved. I am incredibly confused by this as I am still studying and haven’t dropped out, nor have my circumstances changed since I made my application. I’m sure you can appreciate how stressful this is!Thanks!

It sounds like your university didn’t confirm your attendance at the start of the year. Speak to your university student records/registry team to find out if they can see what has gone wrong and if they can fix it or help you fix it
Original post by CobaltRose96

Hi,

I'd recommend sending us a private message on Facebook or Twitter and we can then look in to this further for you.

Regards, Duncan
Original post by Duncan SFE
Hi,

I'd recommend sending us a private message on Facebook or Twitter and we can then look in to this further for you.

Regards, Duncan

Hi Duncan,

No need! I contacted SFE and it turns out that my uni failed to confirm that I was returning from my intercalation this year, so they assumed I had dropped out. Thankfully it has now been sorted and my payments will be reinstated! Phew.

Thank you 😊
Hi,

Glad this has been resolved. If you have any further queries do let us know. Regards, Aisha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending