Can i study Law in NI and practice in England?

Watch
student1309
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hi can someone please explain to me what happens if I completed a Law degree at Queens University Belfast and went to England to work in Law or what would happen if I went to an English university 4 Law and went to Northern Ireland to work? Do I have to do a conversion course?
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Queens University Belfast offers a qualifying Law degree which means that you would be able to work in England afterwards if you wanted to.

You could also do it the other way round. As it says in this information, "there is a reciprocal arrangement whereby English and Welsh-qualified solicitors may transfer to Northern Ireland without taking further qualifications or examinations".

https://www.lawcareers.net/Explore/T...orthernIreland
student1309
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by harrysbar)
Queens University Belfast offers a qualifying Law degree which means that you would be able to work in England afterwards if you wanted to.

You could also do it the other way round. As it says in this information, "there is a reciprocal arrangement whereby English and Welsh-qualified solicitors may transfer to Northern Ireland without taking further qualifications or examinations".

https://www.lawcareers.net/Explore/T...orthernIreland
Thank you, that is very helpful.
louiseiij111
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
im studying with the open universty for an llb but i live in northern ireland. wat would be my next step to be qualified to work here. tia
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (103)
61.68%
No (64)
38.32%

Watched Threads