The Student Room Group

Sandwich placement or 3 year degree?

I’ve still not heard from any of my choices of uni yet but I’ve applied for a straight 3 year degree and a 4 year sandwich placement. If I get offered the 4 year what happens to Masters funding if I choose that route? Do the 4 years use up all my funding? Do you still get maintenance loan for sandwich year or do the companies pay you a basic salary? Sandwich placement seems like they’re better because they give you experience?

So many questions!

Em x
Reply 1
Just hang in there. I had to wait over 5 months for mine, the sooner you enrol the better chance you have of securing what you want.
Original post by Emmashilters
I’ve still not heard from any of my choices of uni yet but I’ve applied for a straight 3 year degree and a 4 year sandwich placement. If I get offered the 4 year what happens to Masters funding if I choose that route? Do the 4 years use up all my funding? Do you still get maintenance loan for sandwich year or do the companies pay you a basic salary? Sandwich placement seems like they’re better because they give you experience?

So many questions!

Em x

your masters funding is your masters funding. its completely separate.

i went up to Scotland to do my degree which are 4 years long so with a placement it would've been 5 years!

imho x3 summer internships > a 1 year placement

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending