Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
I'm planning on applying to Aberdeen, but I live in England and have never been to Scotland before (I know, this is probably a reallyyyyy stupid idea). Can anyone reassure me? Or just let me know what it is like up there?
Aberdeen is my second choice, but I probably won't get the grades for my first, and I'm kinda excited to live up there, but also terrified and confused.

Thanks!!!
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm planning on applying to Aberdeen, but I live in England and have never been to Scotland before (I know, this is probably a reallyyyyy stupid idea). Can anyone reassure me? Or just let me know what it is like up there?
Aberdeen is my second choice, but I probably won't get the grades for my first, and I'm kinda excited to live up there, but also terrified and confused.

Thanks!!!
You’ve got loads of time to visit before you pick a firm choice. Make time to stay over and get a really good feel for the city.
Anonymous #2
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

Thanks!!!
Definitely go visit Aberdeen before moving there!
If you're from England it's really easy to visit anyway. Just get a bus or a train and go there for 2 days or so to get a feel for the city.

Apart from that, I'd say the weather is pretty much the same - it's pretty rainy but actually Aberdeen is the sunniest city in Scotland and when it's sunny it's really pretty. It's windy most days as well
Aberdeen isn't that big of a city, so it's not too big or anything but it doesn't feel absolutely tiny. There's quite a lot of cute cafes in the city centre, and Old Aberdeen is really pretty (that's where the uni is). I'd say definitely come here for a day or two and check it out for yourself

I don't know if this might help you but there's an Instagram account about Aberdeen, I think it's called "studyinaberdeen" and they have lots of pictures of Aberdeen uni, and the city. There's also the official uni instagram obviously but they mostly post about the uni itself or just events
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (639)
33.47%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (806)
42.22%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (378)
19.8%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (86)
4.5%

Watched Threads