Planning to go university need some help. Watch

ChrisRock
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hey everyone I'm planning on going to university and I love technology to bits, I'm planning to study something like computing? Or computer engineering if that's a course? I want to study a computer related course that has a lot of computer or just technology hardware in general. I found this course from NTU and they seem to offer a lot of practical stuff any info on this uni? And others? https://www.ntu.ac.uk/study-and-cour.../bsc-computing
Mr Wednesday
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ChrisRock)
Hey everyone I'm planning on going to university and I love technology to bits, I'm planning to study something like computing? Or computer engineering if that's a course? I want to study a computer related course that has a lot of computer or just technology hardware in general. I found this course from NTU and they seem to offer a lot of practical stuff any info on this uni? And others? https://www.ntu.ac.uk/study-and-cour.../bsc-computing
There are lots of potential courses out there, but you need to tell people a bit more about yourself, particularly your A level / Btec subjects and predicted grades as that will need to be factored in to which courses you have a good chance of being accepted for.
ChrisRock
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Mr Wednesday)
There are lots of potential courses out there, but you need to tell people a bit more about yourself, particularly your A level / Btec subjects and predicted grades as that will need to be factored in to which courses you have a good chance of being accepted for.
I'm stunning btec IT right now to too sure about my predicted grade
Acsel
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ChrisRock)
I'd recommend taking a look at the variety of courses available before settling on a university. Computer Science, Computing and IT courses are all different things. There are also related, but technically difference courses, focusing on things like Software Development, Networking, AI, Web Technologies, Cyber Security, Digital Forensics, Robotics and so on. That list only really covers the technical courses, but there's a lot more besides. For example HCI and Business Information Systems. As a field "stuff using computers" is really broad, so it'd be a good idea to narrow down what exactly it is you want to work on first. So what exactly is it about computers that interests you? What sort of stuff do you actually want to do?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 18 Dec '19
  • The University of Law
    Open Day – GDL and LPC - Chester campus Postgraduate
    Sat, 4 Jan '20
  • University of East Anglia
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 6 Jan '20

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (352)
46.44%
No (81)
10.69%
I'm not old enough (325)
42.88%

Watched Threads