GP Appointment Question Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
Hello,

I feel a bit stupid but I went to the GP today in regards to a personal issue but because I was trying to explain everything in the 10 minutes, I accidently forgot to mention that I suffer with vitamin D deficiency and it might be causing the problems I'm having.

This might sound daft but would it be okay to book another appointment the next day to clarify all of this extra information to the doctor? I know they are super strained, so I didn't want to cause any issues but at the same time I feel like getting a blood test would definately help calm my nerves about everything; I just forgot to say as it was such a personal issue.

Thanks for reading
Anonymous #2
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hello,

I feel a bit stupid but I went to the GP today in regards to a personal issue but because I was trying to explain everything in the 10 minutes, I accidently forgot to mention that I suffer with vitamin D deficiency and it might be causing the problems I'm having.

This might sound daft but would it be okay to book another appointment the next day to clarify all of this extra information to the doctor? I know they are super strained, so I didn't want to cause any issues but at the same time I feel like getting a blood test would definately help calm my nerves about everything; I just forgot to say as it was such a personal issue.

Thanks for reading
Your GP would have access to that information if the blood test was done at the practice (and probably if it was done at a different practice if you have moved GPs). Also, if you have a deficiency, you are probably on treatment so that would be able to work it out from the medication you are on.

If you really feel like you need to tell them though, I would maybe leave a message with reception rather than booking another appointment just for this.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (11)
18.64%
Labour (29)
49.15%
Liberal Democrats (5)
8.47%
Green Party (5)
8.47%
Brexit Party (0)
0%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (0)
0%
SNP (3)
5.08%
Plaid Cymru (0)
0%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (1)
1.69%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (0)