Is it worth doing a Foundation Year? Watch

Yobama
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Is it worth doing a foundation year for anything because I'm considering doing one for Pharmacy as my predicted grades are not good enough. Or am I better off trying my luck to get through clearing.
HoldThisL
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
yes definitely. lots of people come out of foundation years with unique experience in the degree they're about to start because it's taught by the same university. people with average grades can get into good universities by the foundation year and come out with very strong degrees having been prepared for it in a way other people aren't

a foundation year is also expensive, however, and it's up to you whether you can or want to pay for it but on the other hand, it's just like having two freshers years and you'll have great fun
snowprincess7
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Yes, if you can afford it. Still apply for courses though, as you'll save a lot of money and time getting in at first year
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (163)
19.43%
Labour (427)
50.89%
Liberal Democrats (113)
13.47%
Green Party (47)
5.6%
Brexit Party (12)
1.43%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.48%
SNP (14)
1.67%
Plaid Cymru (4)
0.48%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
0.72%
SDLP (1)
0.12%
Ulster Unionist (4)
0.48%
UKIP (8)
0.95%
Other (6)
0.72%
None (30)
3.58%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise