kenzAE.
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Is Oxford fun in some respect? Or is it filled with neeks? I just got an interview and I'm quite worried now not that I'll get in but generally
Hugh's Swan
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by kenzAE.)
Is Oxford fun in some respect? Or is it filled with neeks? I just got an interview and I'm quite worried now not that I'll get in but generally
Oh for goodness sake - of course it is fun. Everyone has down time when they have fun. Why worry about something like that !
The_Lonely_Goatherd
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Oxford is fun in a lot of respects What has got you worried? Anything in particular?
nexttime
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes very fun. You might find you have a lot more in common with students there than in your existing school.
kenzAE.
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hugh's Swan)
Oh for goodness sake - of course it is fun. Everyone has down time when they have fun. Why worry about something like that !
because everyone who has gotten an interview at my school aren't exactly lovers of fun
kenzAE.
Rep:
?
(Original post by nexttime)
Yes very fun. You might find you have a lot more in common with students there than in your existing school.
thank you. i am really worried
nexttime
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by kenzAE.)
thank you. i am really worried
So, I'd say I had way more fun at Oxford than I'd ever had beforehand. I'd come from outer London - to go clubbing was hugely expensive, dominated by older adults and there was a genuine risk you'd get punched or even stabbed if you weren't sensible. In terms of other things, very little (except like, shopping, cinema, stuff every city has). Oxford is extremely student dominated - the youngest average age in the UK - and that was reflected in the nightlife, and what things there were to do in the daytime. You can do basically any sport you like, join a hug variety of societies, and if by "fun" you mean "alcohol", yes you can do that too. I knew someone who would go clubbing 6 days a week in their first term, not even an exaggeration. There was generally a group of 30+ going out at least 3 times per week. Was that everyone? No of course not. Will you have lost of work too? Yes of course. Can it also be fun? Obviously, yes.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (28)
5.7%
Uncertainty around my education (56)
11.41%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (57)
11.61%
Lack of purpose or motivation (66)
13.44%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (27)
5.5%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (21)
4.28%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (52)
10.59%
Financial worries (29)
5.91%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (20)
4.07%
Exposure to negative news/social media (32)
6.52%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (14)
2.85%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (48)
9.78%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (41)
8.35%

Watched Threads