unknown_ke1u
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Tasmin made her will in 2012; she died in 2014. The will contains the following relevant clauses:
“Clause 7: I devise my freehold property Amesbury House to my daughter Carla to hold upon the trusts which I have already communicated to her. Half secret trust

Clause 10: I bequeath the contents of the said Amesbury House to my daughter Carla in full confidence that she will carry out my wishes regarding the same.” Half secret trust
At the time of making her will, Tasmin told Carla that she could use the house during her lifetime but that ottoway v norman , upon her death, she was to leave it to Sandy, who had witnessed the will. Just before her death Tasmin also told Carla that she was to leave the contents of the house on her death to a specified charity. This was confirmed by an exchange of letters between them communication intention and acceptance . In 2015, Carla made a will leaving the house to Jonas. From 2014 until the time of her death in 2018, she also gave some of the more significant contents of the house to her friends and family, including a valuable 18th century portrait and a collection of rare antique furniture. Carla died in August 2018. Her executors now seek your advice as to the ownership of the above property.
IpsaLoquitur
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Do you have any specific questions about this problem?
unknown_ke1u
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
(Original post by IpsaLoquitur)
Do you have any specific questions about this problem?
sorry i just checked half of the question i asked has not appeared. i am struggling to know what case law would be best suited for this question would ottoway v norman be used as its a half secret trust. or would other case law be used. also who would actually et the propety in the end. i feel like i am going round in circles and i dont really understand this
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Suffolk
    Undergraduate Open Day - Ipswich Main Campus Undergraduate
    Mon, 9 Dec '19
  • University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (140)
19.64%
Labour (360)
50.49%
Liberal Democrats (98)
13.74%
Green Party (36)
5.05%
Brexit Party (9)
1.26%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.42%
SNP (14)
1.96%
Plaid Cymru (3)
0.42%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
0.84%
SDLP (1)
0.14%
Ulster Unionist (4)