transferring uni after 2nd year Watch

aks12
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So I am in 2nd year at Nottingham doing History and enjoy the course but Im not very happy in my house, and I felt like i didnt have a choice in who I live with in 3rd year (next year) and so I have signed on to live with the same people again.
Does anyone have any advice, or any idea if I can transfer to a university in London, so that I can live at home?
Muttley79
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by aks12)
So I am in 2nd year at Nottingham doing History and enjoy the course but Im not very happy in my house, and I felt like i didnt have a choice in who I live with in 3rd year (next year) and so I have signed on to live with the same people again.
Does anyone have any advice, or any idea if I can transfer to a university in London, so that I can live at home?
You've signed a contract for next year already; how can you 'escape' from that?
snowprincess7
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by aks12)
You should probably first ask both the university that you're currently at and then also the university you're interested in. You may need to fulfill certain requirements to carry on your degree at another university, such as completing a new ucas, having the grade requirements and certain amount of credits too. I transferred first year going into second year and whilst it was a bit of a process, it was definitely worth it!
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by aks12)
Hello,

Sorry to hear you aren't enjoying your living situation at university. What you could do is see if the university offers accommodation (if they aren't the ones you have already signed with) or see if they can move you to an alternate flat if you are staying at the university.

Regarding a transfer I would say it is highly unlikely that a university would accept a transfer from 2nd year to 3rd year. If you were to repeat the second year they might consider it however you are best speaking to them to find out.

I hope this helps.

Patrick :lep:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 18 Dec '19
  • The University of Law
    Open Day – GDL and LPC - Chester campus Postgraduate
    Sat, 4 Jan '20
  • University of East Anglia
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 6 Jan '20

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (228)
49.03%
No (52)
11.18%
I'm not old enough (185)
39.78%

Watched Threads