amaahobi
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Hello everyone i would be very grateful if anyone would reply. I really want to go to Northampton University or Nottingham Trent, but they are both BCC and my grades right now are BCE when i thought they would a least be BCD. Its really upsetting because the points add up to 88 points which no university wants and im really upset. They are in:
Psychology- B
English Literature: C
Biology: E
Honestly guys i really need help why are my grades so low when i try so hard. Motivation is also really hard for me which universities will take me? I want to study developmental / educational psychology or childhood psychology, depending on the university
Thank you guys i hope someone can help me i am in dire need
13stokes
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I think it’s worth a try to apply to Nottingham Trent and Northampton because they might accept you even if you are below the entry requirements if you have a really good personal statement. If you get rejected then you can always go through UCAS extra which has all the courses that have spaces still and you can try again, and once you have your results you can try adjustment or clearing if you don’t like where you have offers from. Places with low requirements are Birkbeck in London, Bedfordshire or Leeds trinity which are 100 ucas or less.
Another thing is this application group is relatively small so they are probably more likely to accept people below the entry requirements.
amaahobi
Rep:
?
(Original post by 13stokes)
I think it’s worth a try to apply to Nottingham Trent and Northampton because they might accept you even if you are below the entry requirements if you have a really good personal statement. If you get rejected then you can always go through UCAS extra which has all the courses that have spaces still and you can try again, and once you have your results you can try adjustment or clearing if you don’t like where you have offers from. Places with low requirements are Birkbeck in London, Bedfordshire or Leeds trinity which are 100 ucas or less.
Another thing is this application group is relatively small so they are probably more likely to accept people below the entry requirements.
Really thank you very much, im so happy someone replied with useful information that I didnt know before! Thank you and ill continue praying and hoping
Kaaiowo
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I was at this stage too like a few months ago, and I would constantly stress about it too. My advice to you would be you can try and get your predicted grades changed, and postpone your ucas application if you haven't already sent it.

I mean look at me for an example, I got similar grades as you stated above: "D,C and E." Which only adds up to like 92 ucas points. I wanted to go Portsmouth University, but sadly I got rejected. However, I waited and was patient, and with the strength of other external factors such as ucas personal statement and extra circular activities such as EPQ, I managed to get a Unconditional offer from Kingston University, doing computing science.

Even with bad predicted grades, the world is not over. You just have to keep working hard and keep trying. Predicted grades are just "assumptions" your teachers make, if you prove them wrong, you'll still be able to get into university. It only comes down to your final exams, not your mock exams

- Kaai
amaahobi
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kaaiowo)
I was at this stage too like a few months ago, and I would constantly stress about it too. My advice to you would be you can try and get your predicted grades changed, and postpone your ucas application if you haven't already sent it.

I mean look at me for an example, I got similar grades as you stated above: "D,C and E." Which only adds up to like 92 ucas points. I wanted to go Portsmouth University, but sadly I got rejected. However, I waited and was patient, and with the strength of other external factors such as ucas personal statement and extra circular activities such as EPQ, I managed to get a Unconditional offer from Kingston University, doing computing science.

Even with bad predicted grades, the world is not over. You just have to keep working hard and keep trying. Predicted grades are just "assumptions" your teachers make, if you prove them wrong, you'll still be able to get into university. It only comes down to your final exams, not your mock exams

- Kaai
This was really uplifting to read thank you school is so hard and i really hate it but i have no choice than to keep going
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (201)
18.75%
Labour (554)
51.68%
Liberal Democrats (144)
13.43%
Green Party (59)
5.5%
Brexit Party (15)
1.4%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.37%
SNP (17)
1.59%
Plaid Cymru (5)
0.47%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (7)
0.65%
SDLP (2)
0.19%
Ulster Unionist (4)