gcseyr11
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
A few weeks ago a teacher at my school had done a SENCo asessment on me(since one of my teacher had requetsed for me to have it) and I had been awarded 25% extra time on my mocks. But they have to have someone eles come in(not from my school), and asses me in this Friday and I'm really nervous because I don't want to fail again and look stupid, especially infront of someone who I don't know. Would it be like the previous test I've done (spelling, remembering numbers, taking parts from words and saying them ect)and will they make me reed out loud, since it makes me uncomftable. In my mocks I have to be in a seperate room from my friends and I'm scared everyone will think I'm weird or that I'm getting special treatment. The letter the school gave me said I would receeve the results on the day, so what does that really mean? Also would they need to look threw my school books since they are very messy and its quiet embarasing? (sorry of asking a lot, I'm just nervous)
Last edited by gcseyr11; 1 week ago
MrMusician95
Badges: 19
Report 1 week ago
Do not be nervous, be glad your school want to help you and the assessors job is to make sure you require 25%. I didn't have my extra time for GCSEs and I flopped. I got it for A Levels and at university, I ended up with AAB and a 1st. I now get it for tests for job applications. It is not embarrassing at all, it's to help you succeed. If these so called friends don't support you and think you are weird then they are not your friends. So, stop caring what people think and do what is best for you. Why does it mean? It means that you get the best support possible in order to do the best you can on your exams.
Last edited by MrMusician95; 1 week ago
mnot
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by gcseyr11)
A few weeks ago a teacher at my school had done a SENCo asessment on me(since one of my teacher had requetsed for me to have it) and I had been awarded 25% extra time on my mocks. But they have to have someone eles come in(not from my school), and asses me in this Friday and I'm really nervous because I don't want to fail again and look stupid, especially infront of someone who I don't know. Would it be like the previous test I've done (spelling, remembering numbers, taking parts from words and saying them ect)and will they make me reed out loud, since it makes me uncomftable. In my mocks I have to be in a seperate room from my friends and I'm scared everyone will think I'm weird or that I'm getting special treatment. The letter the school gave me said I would receeve the results on the day, so what does that really mean? Also would they need to look threw my school books since they are very messy and its quiet embarasing? (sorry of asking a lot, I'm just nervous)
I really wouldn't worry about this kind of thing, it doesn't sound like its pass/fail, its assessing whether you get extra time or not.

If you need it, then its best to take it! Normally people who get extra time at GCSE also get it at A-level (& uni).

Just sit the test and see what happens, its not weird to have extra time lots of people get it for many different reasons.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 18 Dec '19
  • The University of Law
    Open Day – GDL and LPC - Chester campus Postgraduate
    Sat, 4 Jan '20
  • University of East Anglia
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 6 Jan '20

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (328)
46%
No (78)
10.94%
I'm not old enough (307)
43.06%

Watched Threads