The Student Room Group
University of York
York

York Language and Linguistics Applicants 2020

Hi! I made one of these threads a while back but I think it was too early and no one had offers yet so I just wanted to make a place for those studying within the Language and Linguistics Sciences department at the University of York from 2020.

I’m currently on my gap year and already have my place at the university for Linguistics BA and I realise most won’t have accepted firm offers yet but I’d still be nice to know people 💛
Reply 1
Hey I'm 3rd year English Language and Linguistics student at York so if anyone has any questions I'm happy to help :smile:
University of York
York
Reply 2
hi! 👋 I accepted a firm offer from Uni of York for language & linguistics 2020!
I’m in my last year & got a reduced offer of BBB, and my predicted grades are AAB so hopefully this goes well 😂
Reply 3
Original post by jess1103
hi! 👋 I accepted a firm offer from Uni of York for language & linguistics 2020!
I’m in my last year & got a reduced offer of BBB, and my predicted grades are AAB so hopefully this goes well 😂

Hi!! Yay congrats on your offer and I hope everything goes well with your A-Levels! This means it’s very likely we’ll be sharing classes too!
Reply 4
Hi! Firmed York for language and linguistics 2020. Can't wait :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Zoe662
Hi! Firmed York for language and linguistics 2020. Can't wait :smile:

Yay congrats!! So lovely getting to know people who I’ll share classes with!! :smile:
I've firmed York for English/Linguistics joint honours :smile:
Also firmed York for language and linguistics in 2020, now just waiting (and hoping) for the grades!! :smile:
Reply 8
Hey everyone! I firmed my offer from York for Linguistics with French a couple of months back... has everyone applied for accommodation already? :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by hannanas
Hey everyone! I firmed my offer from York for Linguistics with French a couple of months back... has everyone applied for accommodation already? :smile:

I have, I've put Alcuin as my first 😊
I haven't :s-smilie: Still trying to find out what all of the different colleges are like from as many people as possible

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending