Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
is it bad to be in love with your cousin
Anonymous #1
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by geekgirl666)
is it bad to be in love with your cousin
Personally, I’d never want to have a relationship like that with my cousin. But in Pakistani families that’s something really common (coming from a Pakistani family)
mistie90
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Generally not advised for reproduction purposes.
geekgirl666
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
(Original post by mistie90)
Generally not advised for reproduction purposes.
whats wrong with it
Anonymous #1
Report 11 months ago
Also what’s your ethnicity?
21ForEva
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
whats wrong with it
https://www.theguardian.com/science/...-birth-defects

I mean it's like winning the lottery - you don't really know what's gonna happen until you give birth.

For some cultures it is normal to be love / marry a cousin. To each their own.
mistie90
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I've taken this from the article https://www.quora.com/Why-is-incest-...-relationships

Incest leads to:

1) Genetic deformity, harming society by having ill offspring and harming these deformed babies themselves
2) Religious controversy, most religions consider incest extremely sinful
3) Public disapproval, because society knows that something 'just isn't right' about it, even if they can't say what exactly
4) Turning a nurturing relationship into a sexual one
5) Leads to confusion about family roles and responsibilities
6) Leads to isolation, because there's no need to form external relationships to meet your needs
7) Leads to manipulative family behavior, to try to get siblings, your children, etc, to sleep with you
8) Moral degradation of a civilized society, where we evolved and aren't like animals (incest is common for animals)
9) Leads to mental health problems, proven in psychological studies with family members who committed incest
10) It's illegal people! (had to add that one)1) Genetic deformity, harming society by having ill offspring and harming these deformed babies themselves
3) Public disapproval, because society knows that something 'just isn't right' about it, even if they can't say what exactly
6) Leads to isolation, because there's no need to form external relationships to meet your needs
7) Leads to manipulative family behavior, to try to get siblings, your children, etc, to sleep with you
8) Moral degradation of a civilized society, where we evolved and aren't like animals (incest is common for animals)
9) Leads to mental health problems, proven in psychological studies with family members who committed incest
10) It's illegal people!*

*in some countries and states
Anonymous #2
Report 11 months ago
Depends
geekgirl666
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
Depends
I've taken this from the article https://www.quora.com/Why-is-incest-...-relationships

Incest leads to:

1) Genetic deformity, harming society by having ill offspring and harming these deformed babies themselves
10) It's illegal people! (had to add that one)1) Genetic deformity, harming society by having ill offspring and harming these deformed babies themselves
10) It's illegal people!*

*in some countries and states
well what if u use protection then it wont matter will it
mistie90
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
sure if you both consent and don't plan to have kids and aren't bothered about the social aspects of it
geekgirl666
Rep:
?
sure if you both consent and don't plan to have kids and aren't bothered about the social aspects of it
is it bad that hes two years older than me
Torigracex
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Condoms aren’t particularly effective so unless you’re on something else do you really want to risk it? You’ll also be greatly stigmatised if anyone were to find out
geekgirl666
Rep:
?
(Original post by Torigracex)
Condoms aren’t particularly effective so unless you’re on something else do you really want to risk it? You’ll also be greatly stigmatised if anyone were to find out
what is the posoblility of that
Cheng1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
The issue with such relationships is the stigma attached to them. However we know that these relationships happen and if society discussed it more and tried to understand it would go some way towards de stigmatisation. If you both consent it shouldn’t be an issue.
As a bisexual male my life choices are better understood and accepted now than a generation or two ago. You get the point.
anosmianAcrimony
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
It's fine if you're Targaryens.
Cheng1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Lol 😝
Torigracex
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
what is the posoblility of that
Do some research dude just Google it rather than asking random people on a student app
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (700)
33.9%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (881)
42.66%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (392)
18.98%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (92)
4.46%

Watched Threads