DatguyPhil
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I was doing a 2 year Btec course up until 2018, and had failed to finish the course. As a result i went to Nigeria for one year in order to do a foundation course that would allow me to go to university in the UK, however I was rejected by SFE despite living in England for 18 years prior to my departure. They said that my stay outside the country was considered permenant, so i have to provide evidence to prove that it was temporary but i dont know what type of evidence I should give, as when i had left the country I did not buy a return ticket. I am a British Citizen so is my Mum and Stepdad. They were both living in the country while I was away. Help from anyone would be greatly appreciated, because i need to produce the strongest Case possible. I am currently in the University of Portsmouth and they need tuition fees as soon as possible.
Last edited by DatguyPhil; 1 week ago
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by DatguyPhil)
I was doing a 2 year Btec course up until 2018, and had failed to finish the course. As a result i went to Nigeria for one year in order to do a foundation course that would allow me to go to university in the UK, however I was rejected by SFE despite living in England for 18 years prior to my departure. They said that my stay outside the country was considered permenant, so i have to provide evidence to prove that it was temporary but i dont know what type of evidence I should give, as when i had left the country I did not buy a return ticket. I am a British Citizen so is my Mum and Stepdad. They were both living in the country while I was away. Help from anyone would be greatly appreciated, because i need to produce the strongest Case possible. I am currently in the University of Portsmouth and they need tuition fees as soon as possible.
Can you provide proof of the course that you studied? Living elsewhere for the purpose of education wouldn’t change your permanent residency.
Duncan SFE
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by DatguyPhil)
Hi,

If you can have your school in Nigeria provide us with a letter confirming that you were there on a temporary basis to study, we might be able to use this as evidence.

Regards, Duncan
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 18 Dec '19
  • The University of Law
    Open Day – GDL and LPC - Chester campus Postgraduate
    Sat, 4 Jan '20
  • University of East Anglia
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 6 Jan '20

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (412)
43.78%
No (98)
10.41%
I'm not old enough (431)
45.8%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed