Feeling really pressured at school, help please!! Watch

flumefan1
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
I have a month to make my application for uni, I have literally NO IDEA what I want to do, and the school is saying that I need to look at courses, but I can't look at courses if I don't know what to do, nor can I write my personal statement!
They need me to make a decision "sooner rather than later", but I would like to prioritise the 6 maths papers, two mechanics exercises, 3 integration exercises, and revision for the nuclear physics test on Friday 6th Dec, I have too much stuff to do
Also, I've been making several subtle hints to my teachers that I wanna drop Business Studies, but they aren't getting the hint and I really wanna drop it but I know that they probably won't let me as then I'll only be doing 2 A Levels!
Help...
RazzzBerries
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Moved to A-Levels

First of all, take a breather!

Having a look at courses isn't the end of the world and it doesn't mean you're stuck with it. Have a browse of courses you can do with your current A-Level choices. I would also advise against dropping Business Studies because most unis look for 3 A-Levels at the very least, or some kind of equivalent qualification to make up for it. Maybe ask for extra coaching in Business or material that would make it more manageable for you?

Razzz x
flumefan1
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by RazzzBerries)
Moved to A-Levels

First of all, take a breather!

Having a look at courses isn't the end of the world and it doesn't mean you're stuck with it. Have a browse of courses you can do with your current A-Level choices. I would also advise against dropping Business Studies because most unis look for 3 A-Levels at the very least, or some kind of equivalent qualification to make up for it. Maybe ask for extra coaching in Business or material that would make it more manageable for you?

Razzz x
Thank you, sorry for putting in the wrong place, I just wanted somewhere I could get more responses, if you get me?
I already have an A Level in Chemistry, so if I were to go down to 2 this year I don't think it'd matter. My head of year said I could drop business if I wanted to. How do you mean, I don't think it's a very textbook-based subject, in my opinion. sorry if any of this sounds rude.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (201)
18.75%
Labour (554)
51.68%
Liberal Democrats (144)
13.43%
Green Party (59)
5.5%
Brexit Party (15)
1.4%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.37%
SNP (17)
1.59%
Plaid Cymru (5)
0.47%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (7)
0.65%
SDLP (2)
0.19%
Ulster Unionist (4)