This discussion is closed.
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by olk999)
Why are you bringing Boris into this thread? Corbyn didn't apologise about the antisemitism in his party if you watched neil interview him.
Boris wasn't racist about muslims because "muslim" isn't a race. Go and start another thread about "Islamophobia" and stop derailing this thread please.
Boris Johnson did insult muslims, gay people, black people and women.
Nuttyy
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by olk999)
Did you even watch the video? There are literally blacks/whites/sikhs/indians/muslims but where are the jews?
You are delusional lmao. You seek out hatred. Somehow black or white people can't be Jews? 😂😂

Typical Jew who screams 'AnTi-SeMiTiSmMm" when it's not even about them.
Last edited by Nuttyy; 1 week ago
hotchocolate66
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Wired_1800)
How am I a disgrace? Do you want me to hate Jeremy Corbyn? Fine! I hate him. What else do you need me to do to prove that I am not traitor to my community. You constantly criticise me for having a different opinion because I support the Labour Party.
Let me guess you are the Jew who thinks Corbyn isn't antisemitic? Wow
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by hotchocolate66)
Why the wow?
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Do you think he is? I think there is anti-semitism in parts of the Party but I personally don't think Corbyn is one.
Nuttyy
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago

I've asked this before to a Jew who was screaming 'antisemitism' and got no answer, so I'll ask you.. Can you show me specific examples of when Corbyn has specifically targeted Jews (not Zionism).
hotchocolate66
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Do you think he is? I think there is anti-semitism in parts of the Party but I personally don't think Corbyn is one.
What world do you live in? Corbyn is the reason why there is antisemitism and I'm not even Jewish.
Read the book Contemporary Left Antisemitism by David Hirsh. He's a professor at Goldsmiths and he mentions Corbyn and his antisemitic attitude. Another new work is Bad News for a labour.
Both discuss him in detail.
anonym0u$
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
What world do you live in? Corbyn is the reason why there is antisemitism and I'm not even Jewish.
Read the book Contemporary Left Antisemitism by David Hirsh. He's a professor at Goldsmiths and he mentions Corbyn and his antisemitic attitude. Another new work is Bad News for a labour.
Corbyn is not an antisemitic, he is against the state of israel and zionists. there's a difference
hotchocolate66
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by anonym0u$)
Corbyn is not an antisemitic, he is against the state of israel and zionists. there's a difference
Its proven he is. Next.
anonym0u$
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Its proven he is. Next.
and i can say "it's proven that he isn't". show me his antisemitic comments. It's clear the labour party is antisemitic but corbyn himself is not factual
hotchocolate66
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by anonym0u$)
and i can say "it's proven that he isn't". show me his antisemitic comments. It's clear the labour party is antisemitic but corbyn himself is not factual
I suggest reading books on him. I recommend Bad News for Labour and Contemporary Left Antisemitism. His antisemitism is blatant in them.
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I have not read those books but I will try to look them up. The fundamental mistake that people make about me and people like me is that they assume that I blindly follow the Labour Party. I know many people from my community, who still support the Labour Party.

Now Corbyn is not the reason for anti-semitism. It existed before he was even Leader. The mistake people make is that they dont fully understand what they are saying. Even Miliband came out to criticise some members who were kicked out for anti-semitic tropes. That was during Miliband’s era and he is Jewish.

My annoyance with this discussion is that I feel people are trying to push this version of the Labour Party for political means.
hotchocolate66
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I have not read those books but I will try to look them up. The fundamental mistake that people make about me and people like me is that they assume that I blindly follow the Labour Party. I know many people from my community, who still support the Labour Party.

Now Corbyn is not the reason for anti-semitism. It existed before he was even Leader. The mistake people make is that they dont fully understand what they are saying. Even Miliband came out to criticise some members who were kicked out for anti-semitic tropes. That was during Miliband’s era and he is Jewish.

My annoyance with this discussion is that I feel people are trying to push this version of the Labour Party for political means.
I understand some people like him for the claims he makes on other issues but I'm still surprised how Jews support him. If you read those books, it's a shocker.
Antisemitism did exist before him but it rapidly rose since he came to power.

I dont know who votes for the Tories but there's literally Liberal Dems and Green which are much better options than Labour and Tories.
AngryRedhead
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Corbyns Jew hate is one of the reasons I’m still reluctant to vote Labour; not that Johnson is much better with his attitudes towards other minority groups
hotchocolate66
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by AngryRedhead)
Corbyns Jew hate is one of the reasons I’m still reluctant to vote Labour; not that Johnson is much better with his attitudes towards other minority groups
Same. Green or Liberal Dems are better
AngryRedhead
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Neither seem to have much chance of getting in power though; so a vote their way is wasted
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I understand some people like him for the claims he makes on other issues but I'm still surprised how Jews support him. If you read those books, it's a shocker.
Antisemitism did exist before him but it rapidly rose since he came to power.

I dont know who votes for the Tories but there's literally Liberal Dems and Green which are much better options than Labour and Tories.
Corbyn is not the Labour Party and is one person. The Labour Party is a broad church.

I bet there may be pockets in other parties who have vile views about different communities whether they are Jews, Muslims or whatever. Does that mean I should not vote for any Party?

I support the Labour Party not the Greens or Lib Dems.
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/poli...-a4292376.html

Lib Dem candidate alleged to have made anti-semitic remarks, would you still vote for this vile Party?
hotchocolate66
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Corbyn is not the Labour Party and is one person. The Labour Party is a broad church.

I bet there may be pockets in other parties who have vile views about different communities whether they are Jews, Muslims or whatever. Does that mean I should not vote for any Party?

I support the Labour Party not the Greens or Lib Dems.
You just said Labour is antisemitic and Corbyn is vile which is proven by academics and authors who have exposed him.

So if you are a Jew and you support antisemitism then I have no respect for people who trash their own community.
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by AngryRedhead)
Neither seem to have much chance of getting in power though; so a vote their way is wasted
That is why we must stick with the Labour Party,
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (354)
46.15%
No (82)
10.69%
I'm not old enough (331)
43.16%

Watched Threads