Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I regret completely studying at my local uni (only started 1st year two months ago), for multiple reasons. I like the course I'm studying, just hate everything else since it was the wrong decision to stay. Can I change universities for next September, for example? Or am I stuck? I don't want to transfer next year, I would rather restart everything and go to a new uni fresh, if possible. Any advice is appreciated.
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I regret completely studying at my local uni (only started 1st year two months ago), for multiple reasons. I like the course I'm studying, just hate everything else since it was the wrong decision to stay. Can I change universities for next September, for example? Or am I stuck? I don't want to transfer next year, I would rather restart everything and go to a new uni fresh, if possible. Any advice is appreciated.
If you want to start afresh somewhere, you'd probably need to start a new UCAS application for 2020 entry - not many universities will accept you without an application through the official channels.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by PhoenixFortune)
If you want to start afresh somewhere, you'd probably need to start a new UCAS application for 2020 entry - not many universities will accept you without an application through the official channels.
yeah I've started making a fresh ucas application but I'm just not sure whether id be allowed to reset basically :| thanks for the reply
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
yeah I've started making a fresh ucas application but I'm just not sure whether id be allowed to reset basically :| thanks for the reply
I guess you'd need to talk to any universities you want to apply to, but if you dropped out now for instance, you'd be able to start again easily as you wouldn't already have done Year 1 entirely. You'll probably need to declare that you're currently at university on your application, and your referee would be the one to explain your circumstances if need be,
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi there,

As PhoenixFortune says, you should contact the universities you're interested in applying to, they will probably advise you make a fresh UCAS application for 2020, as you've said you want to start year 1 again this should not be an issue.

On the education section of the UCAS form you would need to state you are currently at university and fill in the course details etc. Finance-wise you should contact Student Finance, but there is provision for an extra years finance to cover for this situation.

Fi :horse:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 18 Dec '19
  • The University of Law
    Open Day – GDL and LPC - Chester campus Postgraduate
    Sat, 4 Jan '20
  • University of East Anglia
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 6 Jan '20

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (275)
48.16%
No (65)
11.38%
I'm not old enough (231)
40.46%

Watched Threads