The Student Room Group

Unemployed, seeking advice

Good evening guys, i graduated 5 months ago in July with a major in Finance, i've been trying to get into the big 4 as a consultant but got rejected from 2 of them and had interviews in around 6 or 7 other companies in which i was interested and got rejected also. Recently i got an internship in another field, in procurement which is unrelated to my career goals, i didn't like the job or the environment, and i was literally standing all day doing nothing and neglected since the other person was constantly busy and stressed (we are 2 in the office), anyway i left and i won't dwell on it. As you may know in January there are many jobs openings, or that's what i heard, and my problem is right now i may be able to get into an administrative job as payroll accountant in a more welcoming and chill environment through a recommendation. My question is, should i get into this job ? knowing that i may find something in the next 1 or 2 months, would it look bad ? like after 1 month or 2 training telling them i'll be quitting even though i was recommended, and on the other hand, i'm kind of scared not finding opportunities in january / february and being unemployed for longer, that would really look bad in my CV i suppose and by the way i'm living with my parents right now so there are no bills to pay.
take the job as it will look better to have something on your CV than a Blank for however long it takes you to find a more suitable place to work

Quick Reply

Latest