CharlotteM2019
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi,

I'm a UK resident looking to start on a Teacher Training course in September 2020. I have two children under the age of 3 and we live in London. I am currently working part-time.

Our childcare costs are £1,800 a month (ridiculous but the cheapest option available in our area!), so I really need the Childcare Grant to cover some of this to even be thinking about becoming a Maths Teacher.

My husband's salary covers the bills and mine covers the childcare costs. Although he is well paid we have an astronomically large mortgage. We have no spare cash after our expenses. What are the thresholds that the Childcare Grant have in place?

Anyone else struggled with this? Surely this would be a blocker for most career-changers based in London. I've even considered moving out of London- but it's my home

Kind Regards,
Charlotte
Duncan SFE
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by CharlotteM2019)
Hi,

I'm a UK resident looking to start on a Teacher Training course in September 2020. I have two children under the age of 3 and we live in London. I am currently working part-time.

Our childcare costs are £1,800 a month (ridiculous but the cheapest option available in our area!), so I really need the Childcare Grant to cover some of this to even be thinking about becoming a Maths Teacher.

My husband's salary covers the bills and mine covers the childcare costs. Although he is well paid we have an astronomically large mortgage. We have no spare cash after our expenses. What are the thresholds that the Childcare Grant have in place?

Anyone else struggled with this? Surely this would be a blocker for most career-changers based in London. I've even considered moving out of London- but it's my home

Kind Regards,
Charlotte
Hi Charlotte,

Do you know an estimate as to what your husband earned in the 18/19 tax year?

Regards, Duncan
CharlotteM2019
Rep:
?
Hi Duncan, it was over £100,000 (including bonus).
Duncan SFE
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by CharlotteM2019)
Hi Duncan, it was over £100,000 (including bonus).
Thanks for confirming this Charlotte. Your household income will be to high to receive the childcare grant unfortunately.

Regards, Duncan
CharlotteM2019
Rep:
?
(Original post by Duncan SFE)
Thanks for confirming this Charlotte. Your household income will be to high to receive the childcare grant unfortunately.

Regards, Duncan
Ok, thanks Duncan.
Aisha SFE
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You're welcome Charlotte. If you have any further queries do let us know. Regards, Aisha
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 18 Dec '19
  • The University of Law
    Open Day – GDL and LPC - Chester campus Postgraduate
    Sat, 4 Jan '20
  • University of East Anglia
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 6 Jan '20

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (412)
43.78%
No (98)
10.41%
I'm not old enough (431)
45.8%

Watched Threads