dsidi
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi,

I'm going to be applying for UNIQ 2020 for economics and management and/or ppe. Does anyone have any advice/tips, and do you think I'd have a real chance? I've heard it's really competitive.

Bit of background info:
GCSE Grades: 10 grade 9s and 1 grade 8
POLAR: Q4
Not eligible for free school meals
curlyyy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
what's uniq?
PetitePanda
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I wanna apply but idk what to write in it because I’m supposed to do it in one sitting. Your grades are great but I think they’ll have more priority over those who are less advantageous because they’re trying to appeal to those who might not go to oxford due to these “disadvantages”. However, I suggest you should go and try and see if you can make it good luck. Do you know what the application consists of?
PetitePanda
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by curlyyy)
what's uniq?
UNIQ is a programme of 3 individual programmes: Digital, Spring residential and summer residential and its basically gives you an insight of your course and uni life of oxford university.
dsidi
Rep:
?
(Original post by PetitePanda)
I wanna apply but idk what to write in it because I’m supposed to do it in one sitting. Your grades are great but I think they’ll have more priority over those who are less advantageous because they’re trying to appeal to those who might not go to oxford due to these “disadvantages”. However, I suggest you should go and try and see if you can make it good luck. Do you know what the application consists of?
Hi,
They've changed it this year so there's no mini personal statement, so you just kind of put in details I think.
What course are you going to apply for?
PetitePanda
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by dsidi)
Hi,
They've changed it this year so there's no mini personal statement, so you just kind of put in details I think.
What course are you going to apply for?
Oh yeah I did this morning and there was no personal statement. I wanna do Law but it’s competitive and there’s only 80 places so hopefully I get into it. But I don’t mind doing my second option. Which one is your preferred?
dsidi
Rep:
?
Oh yeah I did this morning and there was no personal statement. I wanna do Law but it’s competitive and there’s only 80 places so hopefully I get into it. But I don’t mind doing my second option. Which one is your preferred?
Economics and management or ppe for me. But both super competitive ((. Don't really get how they're supposed to decide if there's no personal statement though. Do they go by students that have the most disadvantaged backgrounds in terms of postcode/progression to higher education in schools?
PetitePanda
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by dsidi)
Economics and management or ppe for me. But both super competitive ((. Don't really get how they're supposed to decide if there's no personal statement though. Do they go by students that have the most disadvantaged backgrounds in terms of postcode/progression to higher education in schools?
I understand that but it’s competitive overall like and I just hope I get into one of 80 places. Yeah it says it they’re selection criteria someone with polar Q1 will be selected before Q2 who had similar academic potential and etc. The same with acorn where acorn 5 is selected first before those in acorn 4 who have similar academic potential. I really hope I get in but I’m worried because I’m only Q2 and Acorn 4. Good luck tho I really hope you do get in
Last edited by PetitePanda; 1 week ago
dsidi
Rep:
?
I understand that but it’s competitive overall like and I just hope I get into one of 80 places. Yeah it says it they’re selection criteria someone with polar Q1 will be selected before Q2 who had similar academic potential and etc. The same with acorn where acorn 5 is selected first before those in acorn 4 who have similar academic potential. I really hope I get in but I’m worried because I’m only Q2 and Acorn 4. Good luck tho I really hope you do get in
Good luck for you too! X 💕
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Oxford
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Jul '20
  • University of Oxford
    Thu, 2 Jul '20
  • University of Oxford
    Fri, 18 Sep '20

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (280)
47.54%
No (68)
11.54%
I'm not old enough (241)
40.92%

Watched Threads